Home Following Surgery!

Cheri Moran
on 4/16/05 10:10 am - Big Spring, TX
I wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to everyone that prayed for me and/or wrote me. Your kindness was deeply appreciated! I had to have surgery to remove scar tissue in my bowels and to repair the area where my drain attached to my pouch. It was damaged by all the vomiting. The doctor that did my scope told my husband everything looked great from my original surgery. Dr. Warnock said the scar tissue didn't necessarily happen because of my RNY. He said it can happen after any surgery. He also said it wouldn't matter what doctor did the surgery, it could still happen. By the time I went in to surgery Wednesday evening, I had vomited about 130 times. I want to encourage everyone to get to a doctor fast if you start vomiting up green liquid. I was so dehydrated by the time I got to the hospital that the nurses like to have never found a vein that would hold up to an IV. The one they were finally able to use blew out the day after surgery. I also encourage everyone to find a bariatric surgeon to do your follow up care. I think this episode showed me just how important that is. It's a long drive for me to get to Dr. Warnock but it was well worth it. I'm exhausted from the drive home but I wanted to let everyone know what had happened. By the way I'm back in a binder as my incesion is where the old one was (breast bone to navel) and eating soft foods. I thought all of that was behind me. Once again thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and e-mails! Cheri
Molly Mae
on 4/16/05 11:41 am - WA
Wow! Big hugs Cheri! I bet it is wonderful to be home after such an ordeal. Soooo, glad you are ok and way to listen to your "gut". I am praying for a swift recovery for you and am praising too that you got there in time and were in good hands with your doctor! Molly
DW
on 4/16/05 1:31 pm - Galveston, TX
Thank God you are doing well, we were all very worried....Dot
gogeko
on 4/16/05 3:11 pm - Palmer, AK
HI CHERI SO GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE OK. I WAS WORRIED FOR YOU. THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD ADVICE ON FALLOW UP CARE. I WILL NEED TO SEE IF DR. TODD WILL DO FALLOW UP CARE FOR ME. IF IN THE EVENT THAT SOMETHING LIKE THIS MAY COME UP. AGAIN, SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU ARE DOING BETTER. CINDY
Sunny L.
on 4/16/05 10:45 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi Cheri--Welcome home! I hope you'll be feeling better and bouncy soon. And thank you for the great advice on getting a backup bariatric surgeon. The one I tried to have surgery with through my insurance here won't follow other docs patients....but I had attended the support group a number of times and the director said she got him to agree to see me if any problems occur. I sending you prayers for great health again. Hugs--Sunny
GW
on 4/17/05 12:24 am - Weatherford, TX
Cheri, Praise the Lord that everything turned out so well! I have been worried about you! It is also very good advice to have a bariatric surgeon available to us in the event something happens. So glad you had thought ahead and already had one! Take care and we love you! Genie
klnbaker
on 4/17/05 10:02 am - Gresham, OR
WOW! What an ordeal! I'm glad you are home and doing well? Does this remind you of what it felt like after you had your RNY? Will it have the same effects as having the surgery did? Take care! Kathleen
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views