Wait time?

Just J.
on 4/16/05 2:13 am - Manning, SC
Can someone tell me the usual wait time from the time you get all of your pre op blood work and everything done to the actual surgery time? I have had everything one could possibly imagine as clearance for surgery, but now my surgeon is putting me off until August. My insurance had a written exclusion anyway, so I have already paid the hospital a wad of money, but I am considering going to Mexico if I can have it done quicker. Please help!
klnbaker
on 4/16/05 2:28 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Jeannie-- You can get a surgery date in Mexico in a month or less. Kathleen
Molly Mae
on 4/16/05 8:15 am - WA
Hey Jeannie! I know exactly what you mean and I have to tell you that if you have the money...you are having surgery and can do it really soon! I absolutely love the freedom that I had to go to Mexico and have this surgery instead of staying here being jerked around by insurance companies and red tape! Even if you are a self-pay in the US you still have much red tape to contend with because of all the things the surgeons make you do. This was my routine with surgery with Dr Aguirre in Ensenada: October 2004 - set date with Rosella via Email December 15th morning - flew to San Diego, CA and was pick up at airport by arranged transportation to Ensenada December 15th evening - settled into hotel, went to Cardiomed for blood, urine, and exam with the Dr and his nurses. Visited with Rosella at Dr.'s office, went over procedure and everything with Dr A for a couple hours. Went to have a light last meal. December 16th morning - went into surgery at 7am December 18th morning - released from hospital December 21st morning - came home Hope this helps, Molly 252/196/135
Sandy N.
on 4/18/05 1:10 pm - GA
JJ, Depending on the doctor you can have surgery scheduled in about 2 weeks after you first contact them. I had lap band surgery myself but the process is the same with the RNY with Dr Aceves anyway. They do pre op tests once you are already in Mexico. I know it is frustrating, the waiting! I sure hope you can get your money back if you decide to go south. Sandy lap band- Dr Aceves
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views