It is fast approaching!!

China L.
on 4/11/05 4:12 am - Miami, FL
Tomorrow will make it two weeks before I head off to San Jose, Costa Rica for my Lap RNY. This has been quite some journey so far since February when I decided on Dr. Vega and Dr. Suarez in Costa Rica. I have to admit I wish there were some others who have gone before me, most everyone on here has gone south to Mexico. I'm self pay (aren't most of us who are heading south) and will be staying at a medical recovery ranch called CheTica. The people there have been absolutely wonderful helping me coordinate everything, even acting as go betweens between the Dr's and myself. I am so nervous and so excited. I leave for Costa Rica April 26th, my surgery will be in the morning on April 28th and I return home to Florida on May 9th. I'm still trying to figure out how everyone does those cool profiles so that I can share some of my journey but I wanted to tell everyone here that I don't know what I would have done without all the posts and sharing. Even though I don't know any of you, you have been so wonderful and helpful. I hope to be able to pass it on. Sherry
Shartee
on 4/11/05 4:14 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Sherry, Good luck on your journey; you'll be on the "losing side" before you know it!! I'll keep you in my prayers. ~Sharon~
GW
on 4/11/05 7:33 am - Weatherford, TX
You will be in our prayers! Can I ask how much the surgery is in Costa Rica? I have a friend whose money is not coming together as fast as she would like to go to Mexico. Also, about the profiles, contact Obesityhelp and they will do it for you. They have volunteers that do it. You can leave it entirely up to them, or tell them what kind of things you like. (Favorite color, teddy bears, hummingbirds, whatever) Or do your own search on the web and tell them where to find the background you like. It's been a while since I did that, but I think you can go to google and search for free web sets. Good luck! Genie
y0maria
on 4/11/05 10:07 am - CA
Too cool! If I ever decide to have plastics that's where I'm going too!! An arm lift is only a thousand bucks! And, yes, the surgeons in Costa Rica are also very reputable. I'm sure you'll be in good hands. Congratulations and have a fantastic journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views