Am I acting a little neurotic yet?

richardwidman
on 4/11/05 1:32 am - Las Vegas, NV
My date is 28th of this month in Mexico with Dr. A, After all this time of struggle and rejection, it hardly seems possibe that I am this close. I keep wondering if anyone was disqualified for surgery in Mexico? If so what for?
Molly Mae
on 4/11/05 2:20 am - WA
Good morning Richard! Not at all. I have heard that one of only things that could prevent you from surgery with Dr. A is being anemic (I just read this on someone's profile). That is the nice thing about going to him. He is much more lenient on his specifications as far as age, BMI and otherwise because he knows and has seen the far reaching effects of obesity and believes so firmly in the procedure as a life saver. How is your health? Have you had your labs done with your PCP? What about a physical? Maybe that would put your mind at ease. A lady who I made friends with who's surgery was a couple days before mine was afraid of being rejected on the basis of only being 80 lbs over weight. She was accepted just fine. You know what they say..."if you got the money, honey..." Molly 252/197/135
richardwidman
on 4/11/05 6:19 am - Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for you kind words Molly. Everyone has kind and encouraging words. I spent some time on the regrets message board. Wow it was all a little overwhelming. I'm still moving forward. Just a little more nervous now. Richard
Shartee
on 4/11/05 4:13 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Richard, Awwww, you're just getting the "wls jitters"!!!! Everything you are feeling (from what I have read on this board over the last year) is very, very normal. We struggle & struggle to save the money, fight the insurance companies, whatever we have to do to get this surgery. Then, all of a sudden it's a reality!! Although I believe 99% of us are as informed about wls as we can be, the closer it gets to the date, the more questions we seem to come up with. Some where inside of us, we keep waiting for something to come up to prevent us from having the surgery; I think that concept is related to the long fight to get the surgery. Wow...not sure if I'm making a lot of sense right now (or just doing some self-therapy ) but I'm sure you'll be fine. You've got all your "ducks in a row". We will all be sending lots of hugs & prayers to you. ~Sharon~
China L.
on 4/12/05 3:23 am - Miami, FL
Sharon, What you said made complete sense to me! And you are so right, its been so hectic up until this point and now everything is done and its just the waiting. Now time for thinking..is this the right thing, will I be ok? But thank God for this site and everyone's posts so we who are just going thru this can see that these thoughts are normal, that others have been there and gotten thru it. Sherry
China L.
on 4/11/05 5:44 am - Miami, FL
Hi Richard, My date is also the 28th of this Month and I'm going a little further south than you are, to Costa Rica. We'll get through this and be able to finally post from the losing side. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything goes without a hitch for you in Mexico. Best wishes! Sherry
bettyann29
on 4/11/05 9:49 am - bedford, TX
Molly.. That is horrible news for me!! Im anemic .. I was anemic years ago and back in December I got real sick and pretty much stayed sick for December, Jan and February.. In January my dr called me and said that the bloodwork showed I was severly anemic and told me to start taking daily vitamins and iron supplements so I did.. she wanted me to come back in March.. I was on vacation, so I just went a week ago Friday and got my bloodwork back again and they called me last Monday and said Im still severly anemic... I dont know what else to do.. she referred me to a hematologist and my appt is tomorrow afternoon.. she mentioned that they may have to give me iron intravenously since the supplements and vitamins arent helping.. I sure hope this gets cleared up.. although Im just now in the saving money stages but hope this gets fixed before long.. Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow..
bettyann29
on 4/12/05 2:24 pm - bedford, TX
Just wanted to update that I went to the hematologist today and the week after next I have to go in and get my iron intravenously for 1 to 1/2 hours each day.. then get bloodwork in 2 months and go back.. he thinks there is something else going on but wants to get my iron level up so I can feel better and then will see what happens.. He said I will probably need to see a gastroenterologist and get some tests run.. Im still saving my money.. hopefully this problem will get straightened out in the next 2 or 3 months and I can get back to normal so I can look forward to having the wls next year..
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views