So VERY lucky!!!

Shartee
on 4/10/05 6:51 am - Kissimmee, FL
I've been researching WLS for 2 years now and have been on this site for almost a year; this site has definitely been a true, true blessing. Originally, my surgery was scheduled for Nov 2004 with Dr. A.; unfortunately my DH pulled a stupid stunt (won't bother to explain..it's in my profile) and my surgery money had to go elsewhere. Since that time I have basically lurked in the background reading all the posts, going through the before & after pics and so on. My best friend lives in England; she owned a home here in FL and sold it about a year ago. She owns a 2000 Chevy Blazer LS with only 36,000 miles on it(it's at my house)! She told me to sell the Blazer and put the money towards my surgery!!! She said she knows how much the surgery means to me and how much I want to have it done!! I am so very blessed to have such a wonderful friend; she is a true angel! As soon as the car sells, I'm setting my date with Rosella and booking my flight!!! I hope to have my surgery within the next couple of months. I just wanted to take a moment and share my good fortune with everyone. I am looking forward to joining the "losing side" real soon. Take care everyone, ~Sharon~
GW
on 4/10/05 7:18 am - Weatherford, TX
What a marvelous friend! I hope that you thank God for her evey day! I too had to cancel my first surgery date. I know how disappointing that can be! We will all be praying that it sells quickly! Please keep us posted! Genie
Shartee
on 4/10/05 9:34 am - Kissimmee, FL
Thanks for your prayers Genie, they are appreciated. I am so thankful for my friend she is one in a million; a shining star. Although she's "across the pond" (4000 miles away****ep her with me in my heart. ~Sharon~
nwlisac
on 4/10/05 7:22 am - Gresham, OR
Wow Sharon, What a crazy and frustrating year 2004 turned out to be! I'm glad your family survived the hurricanes in tact, and I'm thankful that the truck was the only thing that got totalled. But what a great friend you have! And now you get to plan for your special day! Great news! 2005 is shaping up to be a much, much better year for you!! Congratulations on your exciting turn of events!! Lisa
Shartee
on 4/10/05 9:48 am - Kissimmee, FL
Thanks for the support Lisa, Although 2004 was a "year to remember" it was far from the "kodak moment" that's for sure!! That said, I know everything happens for a reason and I knew my surgery would come when the time was right. Everyone here is so good and so supportive. Although this is the first time I've posted on this board (SOB), I've been on this web site reading and reading and reading. And to be honest, it's this site that has given me the strength and determination to keep going, keep praying and holding onto my faith; to believe I would have my surgery. I've been in "hiding", lurking in the shadows for some time (not posting), but I'm back and I'm ready to go!!! Thanks again, ~Sharon~
Sunny L.
on 4/10/05 11:27 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi Sharon--Let's hear it for wonderful friends! My dear friend has also made this surgery possible for me, by loaning me some money from her inheritance. Although it is hard for me to receive, she just says she didn't have to earn it; it's a gift to her and she wants to share. She also had the surgery 2 1/2 years ago and can't believe how it has changed her life! I have been calling her my surgery angel too!! So, I celebrate the joys and gifts of great friends with you--it is really precious how we enrich one another's life. And God's timing is always perfect on the surgery, even though it sometimes seems SLOW. I grieved over not having this under my insurance plan in December and now realize that now is the PERFECT time and would go to Dr. A even if I could do it here at home under my ins. Sending love to you as you await the sale and getting scheduled-- Sunny
Shartee
on 4/10/05 12:50 pm - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Sunny, Aren't we fortunate to have such wonderful angels!! I also had a difficult time accepting the gift but my friend's neighbor had the same surgery about a year ago and my friend has seen the difference the surgery has made (for the neighbor). I'm so excited and so full of thanks that I feel as if I could burst!! Life is good and it's only going to get better!!! ~Sharon~
Robbin
on 4/11/05 7:43 am - OK
that's what we call "a God thing". so so cool
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?