Here's an odd question for ya!!

rhionan
on 4/9/05 7:51 am - Lincoln, NE
Hi everyone! I was just in the OH library doing some reading. I came across a post from someone asking if it was normal to be cold all the time. Amanda told me that she was cold all the time after surgery too. I am wondering how many of you have experienced this same problem? I may welcome this since I sweat like a pig at the drop of a hat the way I am now. How many of you post ops are cold all the time? Show those shivering little hands!! Love and hope to you! Tera
klnbaker
on 4/9/05 8:42 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Tera! Yep, I'm sitting here shivering now! I, too, was a sweater. I'm finding this change quite pleasant, actually. You can always get warm, but when you're hot, you're hot. (so to speak!) I think I'm cold because I lost my fat layer. Kathleen
TTCromar
on 4/9/05 9:03 am - UT
Hey Tera!!! Your day is soon approaching, I'm so EXCITED for you!!!! Since my surgery, I'm always cold! My husband is dieing cause I use to leave the window open in the winter with 4 feet of snow out side, but now I just am cold. I think it's a great change....I don't mind wearing a sweater, it beats trying to cool down. Tami~
nwlisac
on 4/9/05 9:16 am - Gresham, OR
It's amazing the difference...I used to sleep with the air conditioning turned on high...now I am chilled all the time. My hands and feet are ALWAYS cold...which I must say is a great payback tool for whenever hubby gets out of line! zzzzzttt
Sunny L.
on 4/9/05 12:02 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi Ensenada Buddy! My good friend Donna, who the RNY 2 years ago always brings TWO jackets to my house--a light one and a heavy one! She said that she was cold immediately after the surgery. Lord, as hot as I get, that sound GREAT. It's coming soon--it's coming soon!! Hugs--Sunny
Dinka Doo
on 4/9/05 9:18 pm - Medford, OR
Yuppers - cold as everyone else! I've taken to wearing sweaters at work and my hands are always cold. But like everyone else, I welcome that change. You can always add layers, but can't take them away when it feels 90 degrees inside! Being low in iron will make you really cold too, so watch that. It's easy to get anemic after wls. But even without anemia, I've seen that people tend to get quite cold. I think it's hormonal. Dina
martyp
on 4/9/05 10:46 pm - springfield, VA
spring has been slow to start here in northern virginia and for many years past that would have been a good thing. i was always hot and cool weather was welcome. not any more. i spend most mornings at work wrapped around a portable heater which makes what i'm supposed to be doing fairly tough. this is a side effect of the surgery which i did not expect but find strangely comforting. i'm sure this increased sensitivity directly ties to my loss of outer coat. not unlike a suddenly thinning walrus trying to swim in the same old frigid waters. he might eventually become a florida walrus.
GerrAnn
on 4/10/05 1:39 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Marty Try living in the desert of Arizona where it is always warm and still running around with a jacket on.. Since this surgery I am cold all the time.. If it isn't 85+ outside I freeze.. Can't wait for the 100+ to get here..Congradulations on all your success. GerrAnn
TracyW
on 4/10/05 5:32 am - Spring, TX
Yes I too am part of the Cold group, it is so funny because I have never been cold in my life and I would always pour sweat and now I hardly ever sweat unless I'm outside working. Tracy 375/295/200
pinkpetunias
on 4/10/05 3:44 pm - Duvall, WA
Same here for the cold thing! I never slept with blankets and I now know the joy of down comforters and featherbeds! I used to be the hottest thing around and I now I am getting a rather chilly reputation since surgery
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views