Questions

JamieW
on 4/9/05 3:24 am - Waco, TX
I have been reasearching the gastric bypass for about a year now and am getting closer too doing it. I am a sel pay person and have been checking into having the surgery in Mexico. Could anyone please post and tell me the name of doctors and their prices over there. I wish the doctors had a price list. I am looking into getting the rny. I was also wondering does anyone still know if the cost for Dr. Aguirre are still 8,500? Thank you. Pleae email me or post. [email protected]
TTCromar
on 4/9/05 3:36 am - UT
Hello Jamie: Welcome to the South of the Boarder Boards!!!!! I went to Dr. Aguirre and had my surgery on Feb. 2, of this year. He raised his prices at the first of the year and is now charging $ 9,400. I love Dr. "A" and think he's the best.....but that's cause I owe him my life I guess. If you look to the left of your computer you'll see a list, and at the bottom it should say "Bariatric Surgeons in Mexico". There are listed the ones that people on this website have gone to. I wish I'd had this info. when I was searching for a Dr. I didn't know about this section of AMOS and did all my research through the internet. Good luck Jamie!!! Hope this info. helps.. tami~
GW
on 4/9/05 7:01 am - Weatherford, TX
I also went to Dr. Aguirre on March 4, 2005. I am now 5 weeks out. I would do it again in a New York Minute. His price is $7,400 but with the assistant's fee of $2,000 you will pay $9,400. The dr.'s daughter, Rosella, will rent you an apartment if you want to be close to the hospital and have a kitchen area. You can also stay in a motel after being released. We stayed in the apartments until the 8th day after surgery when all the staples were removed, we flew in to San Diego from Dallas, Tx, we used their driver, Bambi to pick us up and take us back. Our entire cost, including even the meals we ate while there, was $11,300. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. This board is so helpful. Oh, by the way, my angels has a website. She had her surgery there and you will probably find it very useful. It is cherimoran.com (Just remember to put the 3 w's in front) She has pictures of the apartments and Mexico and just about everything you could need! Good luck and happy hunting! Genie
JamieW
on 4/9/05 2:18 pm - Waco, TX
Genie I sent you an email with a few questions. I hope you dont mind. Jamie
GW
on 4/10/05 3:36 am - Weatherford, TX
Certainly not! Anytime!
martyp
on 4/9/05 10:53 pm - springfield, VA
jamie...i had open rny with dr. aguirre on feb 17th, this year. genie ha**** all the high points and i would concur. i used bambi and i stayed at an aprtment and don't regret my decisions. all the periphery stuff though pales in comparison to the kind and caring nature of the doctor and everyone connected to the clinic, cardiomed. you are truly in good hands here. does it work? yeah it does. i am down from 12 pills a day to one. blood pressure from 210/130 to 135/80. blood sugar from 275 to 100 and the type 2 diabetes arrested and gone. cholestoral from 350+ to 202. all this is less than 2 months. and by the way...i'm down 70 pounds. this is a big deal but the pay-off is huge. best of luck with your decision.
JamieW
on 4/10/05 3:16 am - Waco, TX
Marty all that is wonderful! I am so glad I found this board. All , questions and concerns are being answeredn. I can tell this is just a wonderful group of people.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views