Calculating weight loss

GerrAnn
on 4/8/05 10:56 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Everyone, Just saw a post talking about the lack of weight loss.. Seems to be a universal concern.. Anyway's they have this formula to see what your percentage of weight loss is and I want to share it with you.. So when we all get bummed about not loosing a pound for a week or two (or more for me) we have this to fall back on and make us feel better.. Take your start weight minus your goal weight. That will give you your pounds you need to loose. Take amount you've lost and divide that by your total pounds you need to lose. now add 2 decimal places ( if your # is .3418 it will be 34% lost ) Example is I weighed 244 - 135(goal) =109.00 lbs lost so far 35 divided by 109 = 32% loss.. Well that sucks.. Am I suppose to feel good about that??? lol Oh well have a good evening.. GerrAnn
chunkable
on 4/8/05 12:36 pm - federal way, wa
lol I don't even know what to say... Love you Gerrann lol too much math for my tired ol brain lol Just got back from curves...
GW
on 4/9/05 12:58 am - Weatherford, TX
I may try calculating my loss later. Right now I am too depressed about my lack of loss to try it. I already have one sucky number - 18 pounds lost ! What if it comes up with another sucky number? Can't face that right now! By the way, what is the lowest anyone has ever lost in the first 6 months? I feel as if I am losing my biggest window of opportunity and I just want to cry! Genie
chunkable
on 4/9/05 2:16 am - federal way, wa
genie email me at [email protected] I might be able to help you try something new to kick off your weight loss. I hope I can help.. Cindy
GW
on 4/9/05 7:02 am - Weatherford, TX
Thanks, and I did! Check you email! Sorry response time so slow, I just got back home! You're a doll! Genie
sue_f
on 4/9/05 4:59 am - Portland, OR
Don't despair! I only lost about 20 lbs my first month. But now, after 4 months I am at 55 lbs! I have found through trial and error that I do best if I really watch the carbs and eat almost exclusively protein. (I do eat lots of salad and veggies). Also, I routinely go 7-10 days without losing anything, then lose 3 or 4 lbs all at once. Then another week, then another couple pounds. I was talking to a nurse last night whose brother had the band done. She was saying that health-wise it really is better to be a slower loser. It is easier on the body and gives your skin a little more time to bounce back, making you less saggy in the long run. So don't give up. Just be patient. It WILL come off!
GW
on 4/9/05 7:04 am - Weatherford, TX
Well at least there are some upsides to being so slow! Man, this is awful! Thank you for taking the time to post and show you care! That in itself reallly helps! By the way, I love salads! When can I start eating them? I am 5 weeks out! Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views