B-12 Sublingual 5000mcg

nwlisac
on 4/8/05 9:52 am - Gresham, OR
Hi all, Was at Vitamin World yesterday and they are having a BOGO sale on their B-12 Sublingual 5000mcg tablets...it's $27.99 for two bottles of 120 ct. I am not really sure how much B-12 we are supposed to be taking. Dr. A's instructions say 1 pill per day, but I do not know the strength. I am currently taking a 2500mcg pill per day. I've heard of other people taking B-12 every other day or once a week. I don't know at what point our bodies will say "ok, ok, enough B-12!" At some point, I imagine our intestines would just stop absorbing the excess. So if anyone has any specific information from Dr. A, I'd appreciate knowing it. Here's the product label if you want to know more about the 5000mcg (http://www)vitaminworld.com/vf/labels/002019VW.pdf Also, you can order it on their website for the BOGO price + shipping... (www)vitaminworld.com Lisa
GerrAnn
on 4/8/05 10:32 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Lisa Thanks for the great information..I will have to check it out..I have no ideal about the amount we should or should not take..I have been using the liquid B-complex from Wal-Mart since I got home from Mexico..It has only 1200mcg's of B12?? I am having troubles swallowing pills for some reason since surgery.. I even use a pill cutter. I am even going to change my calcium to a new chewable calcium citrate product that walmart carries now.. What a baby huh... Huggs to you my friend.. GerrAnn
nwlisac
on 4/8/05 10:47 am - Gresham, OR
Hey GerrAnn, How are you? Haven't talked to you in awhile. I am still a chicken when it comes to regular pills. In fact I have suffered through 3 headaches and 2 bouts of PMS because I don't want problems. I am just a baby when it comes to pills. I tried the liquid B Complex...Naaassstttyyy. At least the one I got. Couldn't even gag it down. It was citrus flavored but tasted like toile****er. So I just went to B-12. In 2 weeks I'm going in for 3 month blood tests, so we'll see if the vitamins are adequate or not. I finally broke down and got some International Foods Sugar Free Decaf French Vanilla instant coffee...I was completely off of coffee in December and wanted to keep it that way, but I faltered. I tried the unjury in it and it is fabulous! I needed a break from crystal light...I was having a very difficult time. But now when I need a cup of java, I can say 'hey, I need my protein!" Aaah, life is good. Talk to you soon Lisa
GerrAnn
on 4/8/05 11:05 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Lisa JUST SAY YES TO INTERNATIONAL COFFEE.. I've been using it for my protein since the beginning.. Now that it is getting warm out here I will make my coffee and put crushed Ice in it and the unjury protein for a yummy cool drink.. The B complex I have been taking is made by spring valley and walmart has it. But it isnt a citrus flavor? Goes under the tongue for 30 sec. and swallow.. Cant say if it gives me much Zi*****t but at 49 I need all the ZIP I can get.. Let me know what your test outcome is.. Will be real interested.. Been going to the gym on a daily basis for the last 2 weeks.. Boy it feels good to have energy again.. Life is good.. feeling 30 again... GerrAnn
KrisInAL
on 4/11/05 1:01 am - Bessemer, AL
I get a monthly B-12 shot. My PCP gives it to me & to my amazement, my insurance covers the cost. I really noticed the difference when I got the shot versus taking the sublinguals. My energy is much higher now. You might want to check it out.
y0maria
on 4/11/05 10:34 am - CA
I take a 1000MCG injection once a month that my PCP gave me a prescription for. I would rather take a monthly injection then a daily pill. My levels have been fine and he was given the 1000mcg amount from a bariatric surgeon in the area. It seems to be doing the job. Plus the prescription only costs me $5 for ten months!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views