EMBARASSING MOMENT

gogeko
on 4/7/05 5:09 pm - Palmer, AK
MY CAR BROKE DOWN AND NEEDED REPAIRS. SO I HAD TO RENT A CAR. THE FIRST CAR I RENTED WAS A SATURN. IT WAS SO UNCOMMFORTABLE. I HAD TO HAVE THE SEAT PUSHED ALL THE WAY BACK. THE SEAT BELT STILL CHOKED THE BREATH OUT OF ME. MY LEG THAT I DRIVE WITH HAD TO BE TURNED AT AN ANGLE BECAUSE I COULDNT SIT PROPPERLY BECAUSE MY STOMACH IS SO BIG. IT BEGAN TO CRAMP MY HIPS AND MY ANKLE. AFTER 2 DAYS OF THIS I HAD TO TAKE THE CAR BACK AND EXPLAIN I NEED A BIGGER ONE BECAUSE I JUST COULDNT FIT IN IT. THEY WERE LIKE " WELL MRS KEENER, THE BIGGER CARS WILL COST YOU MORE. AND YOU WARRENTY WILL NOT PAY MORE THAN 30.00 A DAY" . I TOLD THEM THATS FINE I WILL PAY THE EXTRA 10.00 A DAY MYSELF TO FEEL COMFOTABLE. AND AFTER BEING EMBARRASED SO BADLY. AND FEELING LIKE ...YUK. I THAN REALIZED THAT SOON I WILL NOT HAVE EMBARRASING MOMMENTS LIKE THIS ONE AGAIN. SO, NOW THAT I HAVE SHARED AN EMBARRASING MOMMENT DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT TO SHARE ONE? ONE THAT YOU WONT HAVE TO RELIVE AFTER LOSING WEIGHT? CINDY WASILLA ALASKA
Amanda
on 4/7/05 11:26 pm - Kearney, NE
I just had one last night!! After all of my life worrying about breaking a chair when sitting on it, I haven't worried about that much any more! I think after loosing 79 pounds, that wouldn't be an issue, but last night as I sat down in a chair at the dinner table it just crumpled under me! I was soooooo embarrassed! My husband just laughed and said - I would have expected that 5 months ago, but not now! It was quite embarrassing!!!!!
lakerskobeb
on 4/8/05 12:06 am - Canton, OH
Oh Cindy, I am sorry you had to go through that embarrasing momment. My boyfriend has never flown before and he will be flying home with me after the surgery. I can not tell you how afraid I am that I will need a seat belt exstension. My sister needed one on our flight home last year and I just felt so bad for her. She looked so ashamed. I just broke down and told my boyfriend of 2 years my true weight. He had thought I had weighted 220! I haven't weighted that since 2 summers ago. When I told him i weighted 275 he just looked at me. He didn't say anything, but then out of no were he said "Oh my God you weight more than Ben." Ben is his fat cousin who we all laugh at because he has an enormous belly and he always talks about how he use to be a high school athlete and a great runner. My boyfriend never said it bothered him and he kissed me on the forehead and told me he loves me just the way I am, but everytime we watch football I can't help but to wonder if he says "my girlfriend weights more than a line-back." Sometimes we all have embarrasing moments, but sitting in a small saturn will be one thing you won't take for granted on the other side. Many Blessings Ronda
rhionan
on 4/8/05 12:10 am - Lincoln, NE
Hi Cindy!! I have had too many to count, but one the sticks out in my mind is from college. I walked in to my Greek Myth. class and it was packed, only two chairs left to sit in. One in line with all the other students, and the other up in front of class, facing all the others. (sitting out for all the world to behold) With my luck of course the desk in line with everyone else's was so small I couldn't even get in it. I had to take a seat in the much larger desk sitting against the wall facing the rest of the class. Then my professor asked why I sat up there and not at the other desk, out loud, with all of the other students watching me. I had to answer him. I had to tell him that the other desk was too small. The whole class laughed at me. I wanted to get up and leave, but I didn't. I won't have to worry about moments like this much longer!! Love and hope to you, Tera
DONNA RELLA
on 4/8/05 3:28 am - Uvalde, TX
I know exactly what yall are talking about. I have had many embarrassing moments due to my weight. One that i remember was when i worked at the sheriff's dept. I had a jailer and an inmate in my office doing some work. I was trying to help them hang something on the wall, and so i stood up... raised my arms and leaned over the desk... when i did so, my belly roll touched the keys on my adding machine and went crazy adding the mumbo jumbo and i hadn't even realized what happened. The jailer looks at the inmate and says... "now that is talent, she can work that machine with NO hands..." i could have died...
Joan R.
on 4/8/05 4:09 am - Millington, TN
I feel for you. My most RECENT embarrasing moment was in November when I hurt my knee. My Dad took to me to the Dr.Big building, lots of people. I had to have a wheelchair and of course it was too small. My Dad said out loud "Your butt is so big it won't fit in the chair". Everyone looked, I could have died. It gets worse. To prove him wrong, I forced myself into the chair. Now not only was my knee hurting, but my hips and legs were hurting because of the chair. I sat like this for 2 hours. Now the really "let me fall through the sidewalk" moment. When we got to the car, and I tried to get out of the chair I was stuck. I didn't want to say anything to my Dad so I just stood up. I looked like a turtle. The chair was stuck to my bottom and was up in the air. I couldn't stand straight. I could only stand on one leg because of my knee. I'm thinking if I can get through the car door the chair will get pushed off. People are laughing, my Dad is shaking his head, I'm cussin. Finally the chair fell off. Dad wasn't being mean, he's just gets dense sometimes and doesn't realize what he says.
Sunny L.
on 4/8/05 8:12 am - Oklahoma City, OK
HI--Don't we all have them! Mine was breaking an oak church pew--one of those like 12 feet long. My husband (now ex) was also chubby and when we plunked down, it started groaning. Luckily church hadn't started yet, so we just smiled an embarrassed grin at each other and got up and moved to another one. This time we sat VERY carefully! No move of this nonsense for any of us again! Hugs--Sunny
TTCromar
on 4/8/05 6:22 pm - UT
You know.....only on this web site can you list your most embarassing moment and not feel ashamed. Mine was when I was living in Chicago, I took my nieces and nephue to the beach. (Keep in mind here I weighed much less then...like around 180) I was wearing a cute pair of shorts, not tight or anything and longer so they reached a little above the knee and a loose fitting short sleeve shirt. Anyway.....I didn't go into the water but was standing on the beach helping my nieces and nephue go in and play in the shallow bank. This man about 50 feet away started yelling..."whale on the beach". He didn't just do it a time or two....he did it for about 15 minutes. Everyone was looking at me and it was so humiliating. So glad that kind of memory can soon be put in the vault and NEVER again recalled. tami~
sue_f
on 4/9/05 5:07 am - Portland, OR
Tami, That man was incredibly rude. Why didn't you go over and wallop him? That REALLY would have made everyone laugh! My most embarrasing moment was a number of years ago when I weight about 200 (I weigh less than that now--hooray!) and my family went to Knott's Berry Farm. The kids wanted to go on a kiddy rollercoaster in Camp Snoopy and wanted me to ride with them. It really was for kids, but there were several other adults on it so I thought "Why not?" Well, I'll tell you why not. The poor teenage kid trying to get the safety bar down around my gut was turning blue in the face from all the effort and I was holding up the ride because I was too fat! I tried and tried to squinch myself down, but in the end I just got up and walked out the exit red-faced. My sister in law (who was much heavier than me) and my husband never said a word. Bless their hearts. Of course, my big mouthed 6 year old son demanded an explanation afterward. Brat.
GW
on 4/9/05 7:11 am - Weatherford, TX
Oh man! Do I have to pick just one? Okay, here goes....................... This was several years ago and I needed a new car. My husband and I went car looking and I found one I really liked! Normally, he would be the one to test drive, but this was going to be my car, so he slid in the back and told me to drive. Of course the salesman was in the front with me. Do you think he looked like the Hunchback of Notre Dame? Of course not! That would have been to easy! He was absolutely DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! He could have been a supermodel. Anyway, I set the seat where it was comfortable and then reached for the seatbelt. No way was it going to go around me! You should have seen the guys face! I was so embarrassed. I had to get out and let my husband up front. I didn't even want to test drive it then. I just wanted to run away and hide. But my husband drove and I sat in the back. You think we bought that car? ABSOLUTELY NOT! It was one of the most horrible days of my life!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views