almost home!!!!

pattycake
on 4/6/05 10:53 am - macon, GA
we are really in april. wow 2 months and 2 days until i leave for san diego to have my surgery. this is all i think about lately. i have never worked so hard towards something in my life besides graduate school and having my twin boys!!!! whew that was hard i am so excited. i cannot beleive how fast the time is passing. i have been reading about possible complications and trying to compile the list of questions i will ask. i have to come up with $4000. more in terms of my surgery funds. the things i have had to endure at that darn part time job.. ..not to mention that my performance at my full time job is suffering because i am working so much at the other place. it's only for a little while longer. i wont get fired right? right? right? thanks everybody. i am almost there!!!!!! patty
bettyann29
on 4/6/05 11:05 am - bedford, TX
Patty.. I admire your determination!! I am not on the losing side yet.. I am just now starting to save to have wls the first of next year which is my current plan.. I wish I was able to get a part time job to help me save even faster, but my kids are very involved in sports and unfortunately I just wont have time to work part time.. You'll have it saved in no time and it will all be worth it... Betty
pattycake
on 4/6/05 11:47 am - macon, GA
oh betty, don't even mention the kids. i already feel so so guilty for the amount of time i spend working and away from them. when i said i had to make a lot of sacrifices...i was also talking about the time away from my two darling boys too. i am just blessed and lucky all at the same time that their father is very supportive and picks hem up from school and gives them dinner, homework help, and takes them to cub scouts and martial arts class. also, they just got mid term report cards and both boys got all A's and a couple of B's. it is killing me to be missing so much of their wakeful hours during the week. i am glad that it is only for a short while longer. my health is the only thing that i think comes close to being worth all this effort because it is something for them too. i know you will save your money. this site has a way of supporting people to do whatever they set out to do. i was not sure i could accomplish this when i first started lurking around this site. thanks for your support. someday you and i will both see each other on the other side, the losing side.
KrisInAL
on 4/7/05 2:06 am - Bessemer, AL
I wanted to add too that you will spend more quality time with your boys when you are healthy. You will be able to do more activities with them. You don't have much longer to go. Good Luck on your surgery.
GW
on 4/6/05 1:51 pm - Weatherford, TX
Hey Patty! YOU WILL DO IT! YOU WILL NOT GET FIRED! YOU WILL BE HEALTHIER! YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE UP THIS TIME WITH YOUR BOYS BY SPENDING EVEN BETTER QUALITY TIME WITH THEM! YOU ARE GONNA BE A BIG LOSER! GENIE
bettyann29
on 4/7/05 12:46 pm - bedford, TX
Patty.. I too cannot wait till I have all my money saved up.. I cant wait to be able to spend "quality" time with my kiddos.. Believe me I spend enough time with them now, but I dont feel like its quality time.. I pretty much just run them everywhere.. I certainly dont keep up with them.. Thats one of my main goals after wls..
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views