PASSPORTS TO GET INTO USA FROM MEXICO - 2008

gogeko
on 4/5/05 11:50 am - Palmer, AK
BY JAN 2008 IS WHEN THEY WILL START REQUIRING A PASSPORT AND GOV. PHOTO ID. SO 2 2/3 MORE YEARS . DONT NEED TO PANIC YET.
pattycake
on 4/5/05 11:58 am - macon, GA
thanks for the information. i was in a panic because i hve about 8 weeks to go until my surgery date and it takes about that much time for me to get a renewal of my passport unless i get it done extra fast which would cost a pretty penny. thanks for the info. patty
TTCromar
on 4/5/05 4:06 pm - UT
Hey everyone I wanted to point out the statement "phase it in". It will all be done for all countries mentioned BY 2008. HOWEVER, "phase it in" imply's that they will start with one area and work to all the country's mentioned BY 2008. It doesn't mean that's when it's a done deal. The word "phase" means to gradually make the change. I've read other articles that state that the U.S. government has been and is still very worried about the Mexican boarder. It seems to me that with those worries in mind they MIGHT be starting with Mexico. I'm just making an educated guess, but I wanted all those going this summer to be prepared. I'm sure it will not happen in the next month or two....but after that we don't know. It's best to be prepared for changes for the late summer and fall in my opinion. I'm not suggesting that anyone go out and get a passport. I'm just suggesting that we all keep our ears and eye's open for information. Just wanted to clarify my point that I didn't make very well in the beginning. t~
lakerskobeb
on 4/5/05 11:54 pm - Canton, OH
Don't panic, this will not be completely phased in until 2008 and they will start with the carribean then phase in the other 2. "The new rules, to be phased in by Jan. 1, 2008, The new system will deal first with the Caribbean, then Mexico and Canada. It will start at airports and subsequently spread to land crossings, said an official speaking on condition of anonymity."
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views