so many choices south of the border,help!

cristine L.
on 4/5/05 11:50 am - manahawkin, NJ
does anyone have the name of a doctor that provides great care before AND after the lap band procedure that I can afford to pay out of pocket for?
Gitana
on 4/5/05 1:12 pm - taylorsville, UT
Hey there ive just had my lap band this past saturday and had it done in Tijuana Mx. Cost was 6k and performed by Dr. Huacuz at the molding surgical center. Really happy with them if youd like to talk email me at [email protected].. good luck g
Lena Kay
on 4/5/05 3:55 pm - WA
I had my lapband surgery done at the Molding Clinic in December, and everything went perfectly. They have a skilled surgical team, and a beautiful hotel for after care. My U.S. fill doctor says they did a good job on my surgery. Good luck with your decision!
Ivonne B.
on 4/6/05 11:47 am - Washinton, WA
Cristine, I went to Mexicali for my lap band with Dr. Aceves. I am very happy not just with the way I was treated there but they have really been great in the aftercare. I do not have a long time with my band but I know they are there everytime I need them. Ivonne Dr. Aceves
Maria F.
on 4/6/05 12:02 pm - San Diego, CA
I had surgery with DR ACEVES in mexcali as well. I totally recommend him and his staff. The hospital is very nice and the staff is wonderful. You will not be disappointed and in fact you will be pleasently surprised! The aftercare is there. You are right in thinking about this before, many doctors do not do the aftercare and the patients are left frustrated. I think it the patients fault for not thinking about this and asking the questions before surgery. You always read : research research research . Totally true! We have a support group for post op patients that really helps us. You can sign up and do some more research. Mary Faz Dr Aaceves bandster
Jackie S.
on 4/7/05 9:08 am - Fairview, OR
I'm going to echo the previous replies -- I had my lapband on Jan 19th with Dr Aceves in Mexicali and I couldn't be more pleased with my decision. He is an excellent surgeon and wonderful, caring doctor. And his patient coordinator, Nina, is just a doll and sticks with you the whole way. And quickly responds to questions when we need advice from her or the doctor. The cost is $8200 for everything. Check his website at www.mexicolapband.com. I live in Oregon and had my first fill 3/23 with a local doctor but will be going back to see Dr. A and Nina in June. Jackie S 320/280/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views