News

TTCromar
on 4/5/05 8:15 am - UT
Hey Ya'll... Wait....i'm in shock i could even get on to post.... ok...i'm calm now.. I read a news brief this morning and thought it would be good for those who are going to have surgery in the future to read. In a nut shell...it says that you'll need a passport and a drivers license coming into the states from Mexico and several other countries. They are going to phase it in, so there's no need to panic if your scheduled for surgery this month...but i'd check on it for the summer months. Here is the web site if you wish to read the article. (http://www)msnbc.msn.com/id/7393716/ bye for now t~ 268/234/120
rhionan
on 4/5/05 10:20 am - Lincoln, NE
Holly Cow Tami!! You about gave me a heart attack girl! Don't do that to me......my nerves are shot the way it is! My husband had to pick me up off the floor and make me read the rest of the post! Thanks for keeping an eye out for us though! You rock! Love and hope to you! Tera
Joan R.
on 4/5/05 11:15 am - Millington, TN
Thanks Tammy, I guess I had had better see about getting a passport. Joan
TTCromar
on 4/5/05 3:58 pm - UT
Hey everyone I wanted to point out the statement "phase it in". It will all be done for all countries mentioned by 2008. HOWEVER, "phase it in" imply's that they will start with one area and work to all the country's mentioned BY 2008. It doesn't mean that's when it's a done deal. The word "phase" means to gradually make the change. I've read other articles that state that the U.S. government has been and is still very worried about the Mexican boarder. It seems to me that with those worries in mind they MIGHT be starting with Mexico. I'm just making an educated guess, but I wanted all those going this summer to be prepared. I'm sure it will not happen in the next month or two....but after that we don't know. It's best to be prepared for changes for the late summer and fall in my opinion. I'm not suggesting that anyone go out and get a passport. I'm just suggesting that we all keep our ears and eye's open for information. Just wanted to clarify my point that I didn't make very well in the beginning. t~
lakerskobeb
on 4/5/05 11:52 pm - Canton, OH
Don't worry the new rules will not take effect immediately and they will start with the Caribbean first then work down to the other 2. "The new rules, to be phased in by Jan. 1, 2008" "The new system will deal first with the Caribbean, then Mexico and Canada."
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views