Receipt from Dr A?

bettyann29
on 4/3/05 8:03 am - bedford, TX
Just wondering if you get a receipt from Dr Aguirre when you pay him?? I currently enroll in a flexible spending acct at work and called them Friday and asked if I was to self pay for the surgery would it be reimbursable on my flexible spending acct.. I was told I would need a letter of medical necessity to show that it is medically necessary and a copy of the receipt.. Has anyone here filed under their FSA account? I checked and the max amt I can do is $5000 for the year.. that would reimburse me half of it.. Thanks in advance... Betty
GW
on 4/3/05 10:34 am - Weatherford, TX
Betty, Rosella was going to give me a reciept, but then I realized I had the stub from the cashier's check from the bank, so I didn't need it. I haven't filed under FSA, but I am going to save my reciepts for next years taxes. I have already checked with our tax person and everything, plane fare, surgery, accomodations, etc can be filed! Genie
DONNA RELLA
on 4/3/05 11:12 am - Uvalde, TX
what are yall talking about? I want to be reimbursed...that would be great Donna
GW
on 4/3/05 1:16 pm - Weatherford, TX
Hey Donna, Our flexible spending was used on new glasses and contacts this year, plus alot of our medicines. I am not sure it is the same thing that Betty has, but it works for us. But, the government will give back a portion of what you spend on the surgery when you file your income tax next year. Just make sure you keep all your reciepts. Surgery, transportation, accomodations, plane fare, even food you had to buy while there! It isn't a 100% back, but, hey, every little bit helps! Check with whomever does your taxes! Genie
Shartee
on 4/6/05 8:13 am - Kissimmee, FL
Hi Genie, I'm hoping to set my date for May 2005 with Dr. A within the next couple of weeks. I'm waiting for the sale of a vehicle to help defer costs. On the "tax issue"; because we will be paying cash to Bambi and also for the apartment do you know if receipts are provided by Rosella or Dr. A for those items? The airfare and other misc. expenses we'll be using our credit card for but I wasn't sure about the other items. Thanks for your help. ~Sharon~
GW
on 4/6/05 9:49 am - Weatherford, TX
Sharon, Rosella will give you a reciept if asked. When we asked Bambi, he looked as if his feelings were hurt. He said that he had never been asked for a reciept! My husband assured him we trusted him and it was for tax purposes only. He immediately brightened and told us he would give us one. We forgot to remind him for it on the last day, so we plan on writing Rosella and asking her to get it for us. I am sure it will not be a problem. Save meal reciepts and reciepts from the pharmacy when you go for bandages, gauze, tape, etc... Rosella is very helpful and will do whatever you ask of her. They are the best! Good luck! Genie
bettyann29
on 4/3/05 11:45 am - bedford, TX
Thanks Genie for your response.. I will just make sure I ask for a receipt.. Donna.. flexible spending acct is thru your employer.. Its not free money, but you dont have to pay taxes on this money.. so it is a savings.. You can decide how much you want to contribute throughout the year .. example $2000.. They would divide that by 24 since I get paid 2 times a month.. which is $83.34 per check.. so every check in that year they will take $83.34 out of every check pre tax but I would have the $2000 reimbursable as of January 1.. but they would continue to take the money out of each check for the rest of that year.. It is all pre tax, so thats where the savings is.. Its kinda like a loan with no interest... There is a list of things you can use it on.. mainly copays, deductibles, things insurance doesnt cover thats med necessary, rk surgery for eyes, over the counter medication, etc.. Its monitored by the government.. you use it or lose it.. If you put $2000 in and you end up not having that much in medical expenses for that year than you lose it.. The max they let you put in at my work is $5000.. so if I do the full $5000 then they will take out $208.33 each check.. I love flexible spending.. I do it every year.. This year I did $1200 because I had alot of dental that I knew I needed... I've actually already used alot of it.. I have been doing it for years.. Only one year I ended up losing around $100 because I didnt have enough expenses that year.. I had appt with dentist and they ended up cancelling at last minute and I couldnt get back in before the end of the year... You have to provide a receipt and mail it in the to flexible spending company and then they reimburse you.. The company we use is super fast.. If I fax my receipt by Tuesday afternoon I get my check in the mail either Friday or Saturday of that same week.. I called Friday to see if this was an eligible expense.. she sts it must be med necessary so I would need a letter of medical necessity and then a receipt.. Of course Id have to have all the money up front but I would get the $5000 back immediately..
Molly Mae
on 4/4/05 12:22 am - WA
Hi Betty, I haven't "met" you yet but Welcome to this wonderful forum. I hope you find us helpful. Dr. Aguirre's assistant, Rosella, will prepare a recipt for you if you ask her to. I asked for an itemized one for my taxes for '04 and she promptly mailed me a really nice reciept on their letterhead outlining two items. The hospital cost and the surgeon fees. All the best to you Betty!!! Molly 252/200/135
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views