obesity and abuse...

DONNA RELLA
on 3/31/05 1:55 pm - Uvalde, TX
I have always heard that alot of people who are obese were sexually abused as children! In my case, I was sexually abused by my stepfather. Anyway, the reason i am bringing it up is that someone told me that in cases like this, food is our comfort and shelter. She said that alot of these people have had wls and are MISERABLE...because they no longer have their BEST FRIEND (food) to comfort them. I know this is a touchy subject, but I would like to know if this has any truth to it. You can email me or reply...also, if anyone needs to talk about it from someone who can relate... I'm here.
Molly Mae
on 4/1/05 8:05 am - WA
Hi Donna, A sad and important subject. So many *people* are sexually abused period! I heard a crazy stat on Oprah recently about the number of people walking around are abused as children. I don't know exactly what it was but something like 6 out of 10. Crazy crap! I know for me there was an inappropriate touching situation with an older cousin when I was 4 or 5. It did not affect me on an everyday basis though and I can totally see how if it had it could have led to seeking lots of comfort through food, seeking attention, or drugs when older. Food is just another drug of choice. Molly
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views