Important News Article

lakerskobeb
on 3/30/05 9:31 pm - Canton, OH
Hi Everyone, This morning as I was checking my email I ran across this interesting article on MSNBC. I know they had run a story on this a few weeks ago but I just wanted to attach it just in case anyone was interested in reading it. I found it to be very informative. This article really demonstrates how important it is for you to know your Surgeon. After reading this article I though I would have been even more afraid to travel to Mexico and out of the states to have my wls done, but actually this article brought me a lot of closure. Now I know I am making the right decision. This article emphasizes the point of knowing your doctor, his procedure and having information from people with both bad and good experience, share their stories. This makes me so happy to have this forum. Please read this article and share what you think! I will be doing the chat with the Doctor tonight so some of these questions will surely come up! (http://www)msnbc.msn.com/id/7222253/ Ronda
rhionan
on 3/30/05 10:45 pm - Lincoln, NE
Hello Ronda!! Good eyes! This was a very interesting article! People like this so called doctor really burn me up! I am so thankful we have this sight and the information available to us to make good, safe decisions! We are able to go to Dr. A with confidence that we will be treated as humans, not slabs of meat for the chopping block. It is very sad that so many people have gone in search of happiness in other countries due to the high cost of medical procedures in America and have paid the ultimate price, simply because accurate information was not available to them. Love and hope to you! Tera
Molly Mae
on 3/30/05 10:57 pm - WA
Ronda, Thanks for this...It is really a freaky idea to a lot of people to go south for anything besides sterling silver, tequila, a night out in Tijuana or mission trips, LOL! For me, I would have NEVER gone to Dr. A without the personal emails from dozens of his successful patients. I even met with one lady in person at Starbucks for an hour or so just to pick her brain about him. I am really serious. Without this site there is no way in heck I would have ever gone to MX. I had read all the profiles on his forum and they are what helped me be so at peace with the decision. I am getting so excited for you to be postop. How cool!!! Molly 252/200/135
Girlygirl
on 4/4/05 5:31 am - Inglewood, CA
Thanks for posting Rhonda. The warning on this doc was posted in November on (www)plasticsurgeryjourneys.com This is a site devoted to sharing info about plastic surgeons outside the United States. It is very important that anyone considering having plastic surgery outside the US thouroughly check out thier PS, talk to previous patients (who are not reccommended by the doc), and make sure thier docs education and experience are legit. Sure there are quacks outised the US - just as there are quacks in the US. The important thing is to arm yourself with more info than you need. =)
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views