Anyone fighting Nausea at 4 wks. postop?????????

Red H.
on 3/29/05 12:43 pm - Lebanon, OR
Hi, Update on Candice. She is doing well, but fighting the dry heaves daily. Its not right after she eats. It just starts without warning. Any suggestions??? 30 lbs off so far. Kay and Candice
jarrn03
on 3/29/05 1:35 pm - Lebanon, OR
Is she still on antibiotics for the infection? That could be playing a role in it. Maybe chew a tums up before she takes it. Just the infection alone can make you nauseated. You can also try to post on the main message board and get more answers. There doesn't seem to be a lot of Dr. A pt's that have complications so that may be another resource. Hope she is feeling better soon. Great job on the wt loss! Isn't it great! Julie
jarrn03
on 3/29/05 1:38 pm - Lebanon, OR
Here's the link to the main message board. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/messageboard/ Julie
GW
on 3/30/05 7:10 am - Weatherford, TX
I am sorry Candice is still having problems. Thankfully I have had no kind of complications from the surgery. I did have a terrible bout of bronchitis which felt like it was going to rip me open everytime I coughed, but that had nothing to do with the surgery! Give her my love, and tell her to hurry up and get better! Genie
GW
on 3/30/05 12:10 pm - Weatherford, TX
Hey Kay and Candice, I was looking around on other wls sites and found this. (I copied and pasted) POST PRANDIAL THIRST It is important that the patient be filled with water before his/her next meal as the meal will come with salt and will cause thirst afterwards. Being too thirsty, just like being too hungry will make a patient nauseous. While the pouch is still real small, it won't make sense to the patient to do this because salt intake will be low, but it is a good habit to get into because it will make all the difference once the pouch begins to regrow. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It came from wlsfriends. Of course, don't forget the 3 W's in front and the dot com at the end. Once there, it is under pouch rules. Try getting in more water and see if that helps! Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views