Bad Habits .........

klnbaker
on 3/29/05 4:23 am - Gresham, OR
I'm so frustrated! I wish I could get rid of this nasty bad habit I have of eating between meals. I always think, "A little won't hurt!" but if I added up all those "littles" throughout the day I'm sure it would be alot. Anyone else have this problem? Right now I'm battling with left over Easter candy. I told my son to hide it, which he did willingly. I think it's a behavior modification thing (didn't Molly say this, too?). I need to change my behavior so it's not "normal" to pick up candy from everyone's candy dish. Any suggestions? Kathleen
Molly Mae
on 3/29/05 5:08 am - WA
Hi Kathy! Yes, it is me struggling with this same thing. Just yesterday I ate half a Reese's Easter Egg and a couple days before that it was my little boy's birthday cake. Hubby came home with the infamous All American Choclate (Costco). Mind you, my little guy was only turning one year old not his college graduation!!! Anyway, I ate a sliver of that too and later took a little of the frosting and mixed it with coolwhip, scarfed it right down and then I broke down and asked hubby if he minded us throwing that dang cake away! So, there went a whole 4 layer deluxe cake into the garbage. We just agreed to stop bringing that kind of thing into the house. That still doesn't expain the graham crackers dipped into sf chai during my kids nap yesterday or the triscuit here and there!!! Dang, I could go on and on about my shortcomings but that will not help you any. I can relate though and tell you that it is and always will be a daily struggle for me. I am coming to grips with that. Kathy, I need accountability so bad right now. Nobody knows about my surgery so no body is looking over my shoulder policing me (blessing). So, I have to be strong and know that I went through a lot to make this surgery happen. It is time for me to be true to myself and stop the snacking and outright lapsing back into the chocolate hell I came from to 252 lbs. More on all this and other things later... be looking for me to start a new daily post for those of us who are struggling with this. Hang in there!!! Molly
DONNA RELLA
on 3/29/05 10:09 am - Uvalde, TX
So...where is the update on your profile? I wanna know how much weight you have lost... c'mon, let us know.
tamara_b73
on 3/29/05 11:49 pm - wisconsin dells, wi
Kathleen, Hi there. Do you use fitday.com? I find it is really truly a reality check to punch in all the food I've eaten for the day and get a total of calories and a breakdown of carbs, fat, and protien. Sometimes it doesn't seem like much but when you add it all up and have that accountability it is shocking. So that would be my suggestion. Make yourself accountable to yourself. Every bite you take think to yourself is it worth it. Good luck, Tamara 321/285
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views