Exercising ? Is it safe now??

GerrAnn
on 3/25/05 7:43 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
I am now 7 weeks post op. When do you think it is safe to go to curves to work-out? I have been using the treadmill for about 4 weeks now but am getting pretty bored with it.. Would really like to start "buffing" up the old body... Would appreciate the input of all you post-ops out there.. GerrAnn 244/214
gogeko
on 3/25/05 12:19 pm - Palmer, AK
HI GERRIANNN I GOT A LETTER FOR ROSELLA A FEW DAYS AGO AND SHE SAID THAT 1 MONTH AFTER SURGERY YOU CAN BEGIN AEROBICS SUCH AS FAST WALKING, DANCING AND NORDICKTRACK. IVE NEVER BEEN TO CURVES BUT AT THE ALASKA CLUB WHERE I USED TO GO THEY HAD A MACHINE CALLED THE ELLIPTICAL TRAINER THAT IS A LOW INPACT TYPE AROBIC ACTIVITY. THESE MACHINES USE LEGS AND ARMS TOGETHER OR JUST LEGS. I REALLY ENJOYED THEM. AND WAS ABLE TO WORK UP A GOOD SWEAT. FOR PEACE OF MIND I WOULD AVOID ANY JARRING TYPE ACTIVITY AND EXCESIVE WEIGHT LIFTING UNTILL YOU GET DR. ADVICE. CINDY WASILLA AK
GerrAnn
on 3/25/05 12:41 pm - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Cindy Thanks for the advice.. Sounds like Curves will work then.. Pretty low impact from what I could see.. Yeah my husband and I asked Dr. A how long I would have to wait to go dirt bike riding after surgery and he just laughed at me.. So I hated to write and ask about going to the gym.. Thanks again GerrAnn
chunkable
on 3/26/05 2:57 am - federal way, wa
hey gerrann I went back to curves last week which would be about where you are now... you should be fine. If something seems too hard to do then stop and skip that machine and move to the next. I did okay on them all though no problems... Hugs Cindy
tamara_b73
on 3/27/05 1:23 am - wisconsin dells, wi
Yup, I started Curves last week and it feels awsome!! I am also walking like crazy!! It's finally nice out here! (Well, nice for here anyway....like in the fifties. lol I honestly don't figure on losing much 'weight' this month because I have started so much excercising. I bet I'll lose a lot of inches though. ;) I feel really good! Tamara 321/290
cathy.fowler
on 3/27/05 7:37 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi GerrAnn, I'm thinking on the Curves thing too. The 30-45 minutes for "just me" sounds pretty good! Oh, I forget---the surgey was for me too. I guess I'm just getting selfish!!!!!! Take care, Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views