Heading south alone and looking for support

cathy.fowler
on 3/27/05 7:34 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Sunny, good luck on your journey! I had my surgery on 2-22 and couldn't be happier! I stayed at the Hotel Coral and felt very safe. I to was going to stay at the Posada the first night and then I found out it was a $10. difference staying at the Hotel Coral and changed my plans! I had a friend going with me (I thought to take care of me). The first day I was released from the hospital she handed me the "bag" and told me to hollar if I needed anything!!!!!! I think that was a clue that I was going to have to take care of myself.....and, I did! The hardest part for me was being away from home for 9 days!! I wanted to come home early...then I would read about Cindy and her "drain removal problem" or Marty and his "staple removal problem" and I knew I HAD to stay to get everything done while I was there! By the time I got back home, I was pretty well on the road to recovery. I hope you have the "same trip" I did. I wouldn't trade it for anything! 4 1/2 weeks out and I'm down 30 pounds!! Take care, Cathy Fowler
martyp
on 3/29/05 6:33 am - springfield, VA
sunny...going it alone was not my first choice but i did not let it stop me either. there were some challenges but it was ok. i had help from a nurse, rosella, bambi, dr. aguirre, a few s.o.b.'ers and their companions who were goin' through the same thing. the biggest problem i had was communicating with the outside world. internet access was ancient (i stayed in apartment 2) and, therefore, difficult. the phone cards i purchased and that were purchased for me never worked. my cell phone (nextel) was iffy. staying at a hotel might well solve most of the issues. you may come upon a moment when you feel alone but that is a small price to pay for the joy that follows.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views