I HATE FOOD!!!!

KrisInAL
on 3/23/05 4:47 am - Bessemer, AL
I am 5 weeks post op & am having a hard time eating. I basically don't like food anymore. If I even start thinking about how food tastes my mouth starts watering like I am going to be sick. I've been making myself eat a few bites at meal times, but a few bites is all I can handle. I know that I need to eat (protein first!) & I really am trying but I just don't enjoy it at all anymore. Eating has become a chore. I can't believe this day has come & I am complaining about it....ironic huh? Any suggestions?
Molly Mae
on 3/23/05 5:02 am - WA
Hi Kris! Sorry you are having problems. My tastes have changed a lot and my appetite has come back quiet a bit. I wish eating was just a nuciance for mel!!! I really think that it will come back. If I were you I'd just keep experimenting with different foods until this resolves itself. I just discovered last week my new favorite snack is 1/2 a apple with crunchy peanut butter. I used to not really like either one very much. So wierd! Molly
Amanda
on 3/23/05 6:24 am - Kearney, NE
I think it is important to remember that you don't have to eat everything plain and blan. Think of things you liked to eat before and modify them to fit your new life. I have found that the more flavorful the more I love it!!! I don't enjoy food as much anymore, but I have found out what I do love and what I can do without!!! And you will too. It just takes a while and at your early stage your stomach is still very swollen and I am sure you are not even hungry yet!!!! Good luck! I hope you find some things you like!!!
TTCromar
on 3/23/05 10:39 am - UT
Amen Kris......i'm with you on this subject... t~
Red H.
on 3/23/05 12:28 pm - Lebanon, OR
Kris, I just hit one year post op and I still have a hard time eating. You said it like it is. I basically don't like food much anymore BUT, I do know what I must have to keep my health and strength up. I try to stay balanced. I am hoping this will get better but so far it hasn't changed. And, I take my vitamins religiously. Kay
Melodie
on 3/25/05 3:01 am - S E, Ok
WOW!! I am just a little envious. I have continued to enjoy food since initial post-op. I wish I didn't enjoy food and eating quite so much. I agree with the others, just experiment with foods you used to enjoy and try new ones, because most people do report a change in taste. My husband also says he hates food and hates to eat. One thing I think he does is burn himself out on foods by finding something he really likes and then eating only that food for several weeks. I can't say much about that though since at the time I'm hooked on Sub-Way wraps and eat one at least 3 times / week for lunch.
pattycake
on 3/28/05 9:10 am - macon, GA
i wish i hated food. i hope i get dumping syndrome when i have my surgery. i have an entirely too close a relationship with food. i hope you feel better soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views