G-Tube infection

Red H.
on 3/22/05 12:10 pm - Lebanon, OR
Hi, here's an update on Candice. she has been doing well the past few days until out of the blue, around the G-tube site, she noticed a large red ring. We went to her PCP today. She has quite an infection going on. They gave her a huge shot of antibiotics and an RX. Took blood work. She goes back tomorrow. If it is in her blood, she may have to be hospitalized for IV therapy. Please say a prayer for her. Will keep you updated. Can't believe no one else is having any problems. Kay & Candice
TTCromar
on 3/22/05 12:40 pm - UT
Kay & Candice: I know your probable so frustrated with things right now. Please hang in there and ride this latest set bac****il it's over. My heart goes out to . I'll keep Candice in my thoughts and prayers. t~
Molly Mae
on 3/22/05 1:14 pm - WA
Big hugs Kay and Candice, This will all just be part of her story someday but it really sucks!!! I am so sorry she is having this infection. I will definately keep her in my prayers. I know this must be scary. Hugs, Molly
lakerskobeb
on 3/22/05 9:27 pm - Canton, OH
Oh my go**** seems like the trials and tribulations keep coming your way. Candice you are in my prayers and I hope you have a very speedy recovery. And Kay I pray for you to be strong enough to be there for Candice during her time of need. How are you feeling Kay? God will help you all through this rough time. Candice you will be fine! If you all need anything please feel free to email me or give me a call. Ronda [email protected]
GW
on 3/23/05 1:05 am - Weatherford, TX
Oh my gosh! Will it never end for you two? I am so sorry to hear about this latest set back! You are really having a go of it! Please give Candice a big ole hug for me! Then tell her to give you a big ole hug from me too! I am so glad that you both have each other, but I also know that you are post op as well and you need to be able to rest more than what you probably are! So, please, both of you, take care of yourselves!! You are both in my thoughts, heart, and prayers! Love, Genie
Red H.
on 3/23/05 12:51 pm - Lebanon, OR
UPDATE: Took Candice to the doctor today. She got another antibiotic shot and pain shot. They opened her G site and drained out about 30cc's of YUK! We see a local surgeon tomorrow morning to see if there is any more or if things will be OK. We MAY be able to handle it with the antibiotic shots but she may end up in the hospital on IV therapy. Won't know for a day or so. One day at a time. It totally depends on how far the infection has spread. We think we caught it in time but not sure yet. I don't think there was any way to prevent this. It just happened. As far as eating, she is doing great. Better than me! She is getting lots of rest and I am confident that in another week, she will be a new woman! And a smaller one. Thank You all for your support. Kay & Candice
GerrAnn
on 3/23/05 11:09 pm - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Kay & Candice I haven't been on board for a few days so I was saddened to read that Candice is still having such a bad time.. Please tell her that she is in my thoughts... I hope that she will be up and running a marathon soon.. Huggs and more Huggs GerrAnn
pattycake
on 3/28/05 8:41 am - macon, GA
i hope candice will get better soon. i am certain she willget better with us praying for her.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views