Crazy??

TTCromar
on 3/20/05 4:34 pm - UT
I'm starting to get a complex!!!! I posted that I was awake and wondered if anyone else is. But it never showed up on the board. Anyway....it's 1:30a.m here..*Mountain Time*...is there anyone awake?
DONNA RELLA
on 3/20/05 9:38 pm - Uvalde, TX
Hi Tami... I am up now. I am sure you are sound asleep. I have been working so hard trying to figure out how to get the money for the surgery. Last night i asked a relative for a loan. Please say a little prayer that she will loan it to me. She has the money, but I have NEVER asked before, so i don't know how to handle the waiting until she decides. I didn't ask her for the whole amount of the surgery, but it was a good portion of it. Also, I was excited to learn that i won't have to pay for airfare for me or my guest. We have a promo at work and we get to pick prizes off of a website, and sure enough it said 2 round trip airfare to anywhere in US... cool huh? have a great day and keep in touch
Melissa M.
on 3/20/05 10:10 pm - UT
Donna, I can empathize with you. I had been working so hard to get the money for surgery and I guess right now I feel very defeated. I hope that you are able to come up with the money. I think that would be great!. That's great about the airfare. That will keep it a little *****eaper on you. since you didn't ask for the full amount, do you have a plan to finance the rest for your surgery? I wish you all the luck in the world! I'll be rooting for you! I hope that your relative realizes the benefits of this surgery and will help you out. Did she tell you when she'd have an answer for you? I think it would drive me nuts waiting to find out. I had thought about asking my family to help me out with a loan, but I've recently lost my family support for this surgery. My mom thinks that I'm just taking the "easy way out." Let us know what happens. Good luck again. Melissa
DONNA RELLA
on 3/20/05 11:43 pm - Uvalde, TX
Melissa, I totally understand what you mean. ALOT of people think this is the easy way out. It is NOT. I would rather just lose weight, but it doesnt happen. Or if it does, it is very temporary and only a couple of pounds. I want a permanant change.
Melissa M.
on 3/21/05 7:43 pm - UT
I want a permanent change as well. I was in the hallway with my baby while my oldest was doing her choir concert last night and saw myself in the window and man I just wished that I could just zap this weight away. I don't like the way I look or the way that I feel. I want to feel better and be healthier and be around for a long time with my children, family. I think that my mom thinks that it's the easy way out because she is also overweight and has lost 30 lbs this year. I'm very happy that she was able to lose 30 lbs, but I am not. Anyway I totally forgot what I was going to say. It's like 4:47am here. I've been up since 1:45 because the baby decided she wasn't going to go back to sleep and I finally ended up taking her for a long car ride before she'd go back to sleep. Only problem is that I'm having trouble sleeping so I'm sitting her typing. So my brain is a bit fried right now.
TTCromar
on 3/21/05 1:21 am - UT
EASY!!!!! Someone thinks this is EASY!!!! Ohh...... I'm going to go take a valium now.....
Melissa M.
on 3/21/05 7:47 pm - UT
I agree with you dear. I know it's not going to be easy. I think I'll just let my mom wait and see what I'll be going through once I'm able to have my surgery. Speaking of valium, I just took a xanax in hopes of some posssible sleep before the baby decides she's up for the day. Crap, I shouldn't have said that, I hear her whinning. She's still sick. Anyway I need to talk to you about a few things. I may give you a call either today or tomorrow if that's ok with you. Take care Tami. Melissa
GW
on 3/21/05 1:38 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey, Melissa and Donna! I don't know if this is an option for you, but there is a website I found that does financing for the surgery. It is affordablebariatrics. Of course, put the 3 w's in front. Anyway, if you don't qualify for their financing because of credit, they send you a list of investors that do financing. Good luck to both of you in your search. I know I could have never afforded this on my own. My husband's mother passed away almost a year ago and left us a house. The money from selling it is how we were able to go to Mexico. You are in my prayers! Genie
DONNA RELLA
on 3/21/05 2:47 am - Uvalde, TX
thank you so much for the prayers. Well, out of the blue today, my dad called. I only get to talk to him once or twice a year because i was a love child and his new wife can't deal with that. I love him and i know he loves me, but i don't think he knows how to stand up to his wife. they are close to 70 years old and she is still bitter. Anyway, he is going to "Think" about giving me the money or loaning it to me. Please say a prayer for me.
GW
on 3/21/05 5:20 am - Weatherford, TX
Maybe it wasn't so 'out of the blue!' Everything happens for a reason! I will be praying that his heart will be open to what you need, and that he will be able to stand up to his wife! I had a similar situation growing up. Mine was more like Cinderella. My stepmother hated me because my dad and I were so close. But he was all I had for a long time - until he married her. My dad was a peacemaker and never stood up to her either. Sorry to get off topic. Anyway, I will be praying for you. Please post something as soon as you know it! Love, Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views