Jenny from Jamaica here

Jenny B.
on 3/17/05 6:48 am - Cary, Jamaica
Hi all, I'm alive. I've been having some trouble with my phone line in Jamaica, and haven't been able to get online as much as I'd like. I've also been struggling a bit, but just sort of kept it to myself. I am eating regular foods now, and most things I seem to tolerate ok. The last few days have been a little rough. I'm out of the country right now, so I am not able to eat as simply as I'd prefer. Since I'm eating restaurant foods, I don't always know exactly what's in them, and sometimes I feel really crappy after eating. Last night I ordered a cup (not a bowl) of clam chowder for dinner, and ate most of it. I thought it would be a good choice because it is like a creamed soup, and was the smallest portion of anything on the menu. I spit out most of the clam because I didn't feel like I could chew it well enough. My partner ordered Prime rib and I had two tiny bites of it. Everything seemed to go down fine, but then a few minutes after I finished, I started to sweat, and I felt very nauseated. I was sure I would throw up, but nothing came. Later I had diarrhea. That's the kind of thing that happens to me. I don't have any idea what made me feel like that, but it always passes after twenty minutes or so. I did get my bariatric vitamins, and I am taking them as I should. I'm eating more food, but probably still not enough. I feel like the little hole that goes into my stomach is so small that I can't get much down! Also, the scale doesn't show me losing any weight at all. In fact, it said I had gained a pound. Maybe that's because it's my time of the month? My clothes are getting somewhat looser though. I'm feeling sad about the loss of my friend, food. I knew this would happen, so I am able to keep it in perspective, but it doesn't change the feeling. I don't really get hungry - I just get irritable, and then I know I need to eat something. I don't want to be bothered to eat most of the time. I can see that I really need the help and support of other bariatric patients, as I am very alone with it in Jamaica.
GerrAnn
on 3/17/05 6:58 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Jenny We have all been wondering where you were and how you were doing.. You know how supportive this site can be for you when you get down in the dumps or are having a problem.. I would suggest that you make sure that you get all your water in and EAT some food.. Sounds like your body is still trying to hold onto any thing it can.. Good luck. GerrAnn
TTCromar
on 3/17/05 12:25 pm - UT
Hey Jenny!!!! We've missed you!!!!! So glad to hear from you....but I wasn't happy to hear things have been hard. I'm glad your back!!! Hang in there and stay on the boards. I think the support helps a lot.
KrisInAL
on 3/17/05 11:27 pm - Bessemer, AL
I lost 16 pounds in my first two weeks. Then, I didn't lose anything for almost 2 weeks. I figured out that I wasn't eating enough. I upped my food and have lost 4 pounds since. So eat up and you should start losing more.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views