checkin' in...

martyp
on 3/17/05 5:52 am - springfield, VA
hello all. went to my pcp yesterday and have some "official" results to share. first, the less than great news. my blood pressure is higher than i thought (still down from pre-surgery) but i'm not gonna get away from the meds just yet. my blood sugar is normal and i have stopped taking my diabetic meds. my blood breakdown is unofficial until tests come back monday but the doc told me to hold off on these meds as well. in all, in one month i am down to 2 pills a day instead of 12. my official weight loss is 41 pounds gone and a bunch to go. i'm going to keep my weigh-ins to doctor's visits because the number will never be good enough to please me. the fewer weigh-ins, the better. if you are on the fence about the benefits of this surgery, get off. it never felt so good to be a loser.
GW
on 3/17/05 6:12 am - Weatherford, TX
Marty, That is so great! 41 pounds lost and 10 pills lost! Congratulations, and keep it up! Genie
GerrAnn
on 3/17/05 6:53 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Marty That is GREAT NEWS Just getting off most of the pills has to be a blessing.. You guys make us girls sick though... 41 lbs...WOW Keep up the hard work. JUST SAY DOWN WITH SCALES all they do is lie and make us depressed... GerrAnn
GW
on 3/17/05 12:46 pm - Weatherford, TX
Ain't that the truth! I think I could handle losing slowly, but GAINING? How is that possible with as little as I am able to eat and losing inches? Any ideas? Genie
KrisInAL
on 3/17/05 11:32 pm - Bessemer, AL
I've posted this before, but I just wanted to repost in case you hadn't seen it....eat more if you can. I didn't realize that I wasn't eating enough & stopped losing. I went on Fit Day to count my calories & realized that I wasn't getting enough calories. That is why I was not losing & feeling so blah. I upped my calories, started losing again, and feel so much better. You'll lose the weight, it just takes us girls longer.
GW
on 3/18/05 7:57 am - Weatherford, TX
Thanks for the reminder Kris! It is just so frustrating at times! Anyway, I am going to up my protein and water, and go to fitday and see if I need to up the calories as well. How many should we be having at 2 weeks out? I can't wait to get of this mushy stage! YUK! Genie
Melissa M.
on 3/17/05 11:50 pm - Weatherford, TX
Genie, You may still be carrying IV fluid around with you. It takes awhile to get it all off. Plus being a woman you know how fluid levels fluctuate. I can weigh 5 lbs different from morning to evening on the same scale. Maybe you just weighed during one of those high fluid days. Melissa Massey
GW
on 3/18/05 7:52 am - Weatherford, TX
Thanks, Melissa, I hope that is what it is. I was also thinking that I am no longer taking my blood pressure medicine, and it was also a diuretic. I guess that could influence it to, right? Oh well! Listen, when you have a day off, you are more than welcome to come over. Just email me and I will give you directions to my house! I am not working for the next month, so I am not right down the street from you from 9-5, but I would still love to meet you! Take care! Genie
tamara_b73
on 3/18/05 12:16 am - wisconsin dells, wi
That is so awsome Marty!!! Congratulations on that loss. It is great! I, too, am only weighing at doctor's appts because I would be disappointed no matter what...well maybe not if I lost like five pounds a day or something...lol. I have an appointment on Monday so I will see what is what then. I don't feel like I've lost much, but I am hoping. Anyway, I am really psyched to hear that you are doing so well. Hopefully as the weight comes down the blood pressure will too. Tamara
Melissa M.
on 3/20/05 9:38 pm - UT
Good job! I bet it feels really good to be 41 lbs lighter and to be taking many less pills. I'm so encouraged by your success.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views