question: cost for Dr. Aguirre

DONNA RELLA
on 3/17/05 1:13 am - Uvalde, TX
I like to plan everything well in advance... so please explain to me once again how much you paid for the WHOLE trip. i.e...roundtrip airfare for how many? cab fare the whole time? hospital bill? apartment? any extras besides shopping...PLEASE help me because i have to budget this and start raising some money. I am calling my long lost dad for help...
GW
on 3/17/05 6:19 am - Weatherford, TX
Okay, Donna! Here is what we spent while there, minus the souvenior shopping of course! $7,400 Dr. Aquirre $2,000 His assistant $ 803.00 Apartment, and 2 days of nursing $ 45.00 An additional 2 days of nursing (my husband wanted the nurse to continue coming in since she was checking my blood pressure He could have done the bandages, but wanted to keep on eye on BP since I was not taking meds for it. $ 350.00 roundtrip transportation to/from airport with Bambi $ 675.00 Airplane tickets to/from San Diego $ 100.00 Food to stock apartment (we got a lot extra!) Total: $11,373.00 Hope this helps! As I said, we bought a lot extra in the way of groceries. My husband went nuts! The stuff for me that was extra, we left in the apartment. What my husband didn't eat, he gave to Belkys' dad in the apartment next door. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Your cost will vary depending on if you stay in apartment or hotels, how far is advance you get your airline ticket and how far you come from, how many people you bring with you to feed, whether you cook in the apartment or eat out.....etc. Genie
DONNA RELLA
on 3/17/05 7:27 am - Uvalde, TX
Where did you fly from? to san diego... does bambi take you across the border himself? how far in mexico do i travel? airfare was per person???
GW
on 3/17/05 12:48 pm - Weatherford, TX
Donna, I got this post in my email before signing on to the board. I have answered you by email. Be looking for it and let me know if I can help in any other way! Genie
Candice E.
on 3/17/05 11:54 am - Lebanon, OR
Donna, Bambi picks you up at the airport. Just as you are coming down the escalator he is standing there with a sign with your name on it. He is so very nice. He drives you from the airport and than brings you back. He even helps with your bags, what ever you need. The trip is about 90 miles I believe. It took about 1 1/2 hrs. A beautiful drive down the coast line. He goes across the boarder so often that they don't usually question him so he makes it very easy. Hope this helps. Kay & Candice
KrisInAL
on 3/17/05 11:23 pm - Bessemer, AL
I just wanted to add that Bambi is worth every penny. I remember thinking that $350 was a little high, but after making the trip I am so glad that I had paid the extra money. He speaks English very well and gives you a lot of great information. Also, it saves so much time and hassel. The surgery is stressful enough. Hiring Bambi makes things so much easier!
pattycake
on 3/22/05 8:26 am - macon, GA
i thought you got rasella's contact information from us a while ago. if you contact her, she will set you up and give you all the cost information. it is a long distance call. if this is why you have not called her; purchase a phone card and that will save you a lot of trouble. she can even schedule your surgery so you will know how long you have to save your monye. good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views