What the * is going on?????

GW
on 3/17/05 12:00 am - Weatherford, TX
Okay, I flucuate between being ready to scream and pull out hair, to wanting to hide under the covers all day and cry! When I left Mexico, Rosella told me I had lost 6 pounds. I had to go to my PCP yesterday, and according to their scales, I have GAINED! What is that about? My husband says he can tell I am losing. In fact, according to the tape measure, I have lost 3.5 inches of my waist, and 3/4 of an inch off my neck! So what gives? I am not eating anything that is not allowed, I am still doing the soft stage, and eating very small portions! I feel as if I am the one this surgery will not work for. Am I destined to die fat???? Any ideas anyone? Has this ever happened to anyone else? Please help! Genie
GerrAnn
on 3/17/05 12:11 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Genie REMEMBER stay off the scale.. It is your enemy right now... Do what your suppose to do, and everything else will fall into place.. I get on the scale once a week.. Seems when I cheat and use the scale early I am disappointed with the outcome.. I measure myself at the end of each month... Don't start beating yourself up... It will come.. Remember the earlier post when some of us were saying that we didn't think Dr. A really did surgery on us.. Because we wern't loosing at the time... I have now averaged 5 lbs a week.. So I guess he did operate on me... Huggs to you.. GerrAnn
gailcatss
on 3/17/05 12:33 am - Eugene, OR
Gosh Genie....how about being a little more KIND to yourself? Do you truly feel this desperate? I've read your posts before and you never seemed so rattled. We all know that if you get on 15 different scales, you will most likely have at least 7 or 8 different "weights" . That isn't because you suddenly changed weight as you moved from scale to scale. I am afraid you will be very unhappy with yourself...and you don't deserve that! It's hard to stay off every scale in town...but choose to believe just one. Best of luck, drink some chamomile tea and CALM down! The sky is NOT falling in on you! Hugs, Gail
chunkable
on 3/17/05 1:07 am - federal way, wa
genie I know how you feel. Don't worry you will start to lose. I felt I was the only one this wasn't going to work for also and got scared when my weight loss has stopped now at only 6 weeks out. I keep getting depressed that i am only down 34 pounds and then i jump up one and down and up and down it's ridiculous. I just hope things move along soon. I hate doctors scales they never say what my home scale says lol. I know your going to do great.. Keep up the great work with your eating. I think it will all change when we are really able to excersize. I did think this weight loss deal was going to be easier than it has been Cindy
pattycake
on 3/17/05 8:19 am - macon, GA
34 lb's in 6 weeks. that is awwesome. that is very very good. some people hit a stopping point for several and then they get right on to losing. it is a shock for a body to lose weight so fast so it needs time to adjust. good job... you are my role models!!!
Cheri Moran
on 6/8/05 9:05 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Genie! Don't get discouraged! There are so many variables that come in to play when you start talking about scales. I know we all think the scale is the big thing, but do your best to look at your measurements and the way your clothes are fitting and then you will know that you are losing. Make sure you are eating enough. If you aren't, your body will go into starvation mode and then it will really hold on to everything it can. I'm sure you are making sure you are getting enough protein and liquid so I won't go there. Just hang in there. The surgery will work. Think positive! Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views