Hello Everyone!!!

Melodie
on 3/16/05 9:10 pm - S E, Ok
I just recently realized that most of Dr. Aquirre's newest post-ops were posting here. I have wondered why it has been so quiet on his site. When I was first considering surgery with Dr. A., most posted on his site and that is where I found most of my support, but as time has passed and people have got busier with life in general it seems, we have all slacked. I apoligize on my part and my only excuse is that I am so NOT smart on the computer and must be the world's SLOWEST typist. I do, however keep up with all of your updates and wanted to let you all know you are doing GREAT. I am excited for ya'll all to experience the joy of when people don't even recognize you, along with just feeling great. I don't belong to any support group, as far as I know there isn't even one close, but it did help that my husband had it the week after me and then my 26 year old daughter had it last Oct., which was just shy of a 1 year after me. We just have our own little support thing going on. My husband and I are both at our goals and my daughter is 40 lbs away from hers. She has lost 80+ lbs. I am so happy and excited for her. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and let you all know to keep up the good work. Please feel free to contact me at any time. If you e-mail me your phone number, I can call you or I will e-mail you my number. Best wishes to you all!!! Hugs, Melodie 300/145
GerrAnn
on 3/16/05 10:13 pm - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Melodie I know what you mean about Dr. A's site.. I use to go there all the time until we had so many problems getting on there.. I just started staying on this site.. I wish more of Dr. A's earlier patients were on here to guide us more..We are a group full of questions ALL the time. Hope you stay over here with us for awhile. GerrAnn 244/215
Molly Mae
on 3/16/05 10:40 pm - WA
Good Mornin' Melodie! I am so glad that you made your way over here to this forum. I started coming over here around Thanksgiving when I could never post anything to Dr. A's forum. Sometimes I will enter my password and type a big long update or question and as soon as I hit the post button it will be lost in cyberspace. It comes back with an "error" post. Also when I DO post over there I get a big, loud, silence in return. I never get any feedback from anyone, probably because it is too big of a hassle to post and theirs get lost too!!! I had surgery in Dec and am one of the oldest postops on the SOTB forum, LOL! I am so glad to hear about your daughter's success with surgery. I bet you are so proud of her! I do not have a support group either and I REALLY rely on this site for all the support I can get and I do get a lot!!! So happy to see you and thanks for your sweet email that time, it means a lot! Molly 252/203/135
GerrAnn
on 3/17/05 12:05 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Everyone Just wanted to say that the other day I went to a support meeting here in Lake Havasu.. I was so excited. This is a new one starting up. Mostly city employees here in town..So I get there and being the 1st meeting there were only 5 of us.. They are trying to get a doctor in town to sponser the meetings at the local hospital... You should have seen the reaction I got from them when I told them where I had surgery!!! As we were closing the meeting they said "Well I guess it is a good thing to have someone who went to Mexico, to show the other side of this" and I told them that I would go back there in a second.. So I hope to be there just in case someone comes to there meetings who doesnt have insurance but would like to have the surgery.. I want to tell them that we wern't operated on in the back alley... I have pretty thick skin so I have no problem with coming back at people, politely with a comment.. But I hope our new group will be helpfull and rewarding for all of us.. GerrAnn
tamara_b73
on 3/16/05 11:28 pm - wisconsin dells, wi
Melodie, Thanks so much for posting. I really enjoy hearing from people who are longer post op and expecially ones who have been so successful! Congratulations to your family! I bet life has changed so much for all of you. I can't wait for that to happen here. Please post as often as you are able. It really inspires me. Tamara 2/9/05 320/297/?
GW
on 3/16/05 11:50 pm - Weatherford, TX
Hi Melodie! Older post ops are what give me the encouragement and hope I need! So glad you found us! I am 2 weeks out tomorrow and need all the support and ideas I can get! I am sure your whole family has been changed for the better and I can only imagine the quality of life you have now. I am ready for that! Genie
TTCromar
on 3/17/05 12:39 pm - UT
Hey Melodie I'm so glad you posted!!!! It's so great to hear suggestions, comments and idea's from those who are a little farther out than a few months. (no offense Molly ) Please post more often!!! And welcome to South Of The Boarder tami
y0maria
on 3/18/05 7:33 am - CA
Hi Melodie, I'm also a late post-op, in fact you had your surgery just a few weeks before me. Tomorrow is my 16 month anniversary and I have lost between 170-175 pounds. It depends on the time of day! lol Unlike some of these new post-ops, I remain a slave to the scales!! I kind of lurk of both boards, read the posts and keep up-to-date with what is going on. I very seldom post but do like reading everyone's questions, concerns and of course successes. I'm amazed at how much the cost of surgery has gone up and will continue to go up, but it still beats the prices in the US. Congratulations on the success you and your family have experienced, it was nice to see your post. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views