Smothies !!!

Sandy N.
on 3/14/05 4:02 am - GA
I read on a recent post somebody asking recipes for smoothies, I was in a hurry that day and now I can't find the post. Anyway I wanted to tell you to be careful with them. Loaded with calories I was listening to a report on the controversy about introducing them in the schools. Trying to provide healthier choices for kids in schools and help with the obesity problem in America they are selling smoothies, doctors interviewed said that a single smoothie can have around 1000 calories and provide too much sugar for children. If you are having smoothies check the calories you are intaking , some fruits are so high in sugar it isn't funny. We are used to the notion that since it is natural it is good for us and drink the juice to our hearts content. Also make sure you use non fat milk. Even with surgery we need to check our calories. There are a couple of calorie counting sites out there. On Dr. Aceves support group there are a couple of links, very useful and eye opening! Just though I would warn you because it was a surprise to me Sandy lap band- Dr Aceves PS The conclusion was: it is much better to have the fruit than the juice, more satisfying and you end up having less sugar.
Dinka Doo
on 3/14/05 4:43 am - Medford, OR
Yes definitely - good reminder. Especially for those of you who went lap-band since you don't dump. Smoothies would be easy to avoid for one with an rny, but bandsters don't have the physical reaction so it could indeed instigate a huge stall. Good point - thanks for posting! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views