Roger S. needs support!

GW
on 3/13/05 8:36 am - Weatherford, TX
After I got my final staples out on Saturday, I went in to see Rodger S. (Can't remember his last name for sure. Stephenbeck or something????) He has never posted on OH, but his wife did once. To say the least, he was slightly nervous and underwhelmed about the clinic. Fear of the unknown has always been worse for me than something I can prepare for. I encouraged him to come around here and get support and answers to those things he is concerned about. I am hoping when he gets out of the hospital he will find a computer and check us out. Let's show him that we don't bite! Lets all welcome him and do what we can to encourage and support him. He was having a very difficult time when I saw him. Let's all pray for him. Thanks guys! Genie
Red H.
on 3/13/05 1:33 pm - Lebanon, OR
Tell Rogers wife to stay by his bedside day and night while in the hospital. And we should pray for him and anyone else going in and make sure we hear they are OK after surgery. Followup on this forum is very important. Kay
gobelkys
on 3/13/05 10:55 pm - MIAMI, FL
Genie your right we need to support Roger, Like I had mention you, here in Mexico. When I was in the hospital he came by with his wife to talk to me and he was very woried about the hospital sanitation. I told he's under good hands and the hospital was not bad, just under construction. But he worries me alot, I'm glad you saw him after surgery. I know It might be very hard for him now, but at the long run he will be happy about all this. I also stronly suggest he visit this forum and he will find he's not alone. We will all be here, waitting for him. Belkys
jarrn03
on 3/13/05 11:23 pm - Lebanon, OR
I wish Roger well. While making the decision to have WLS is huge..deciding to do it in Mexico is even bigger. Since you are basically doing this your self under minimal physician supervison you have to be very proactive in your care. You HAVE to educate yourself. When you make the decision to go to Mexicio you need to understand that it's a much poorer country than we are, they do not have the luxuries that we have here in the state. The nurses speak minimal english...and some of them sleep on the job( only one inparticular). Being a nurse I was impressed with how clean it was. They use all sterile equipment, the OR is comparible to what we have here in the states. They may not have all the modern technologies we have but sometimes I believe doing it the old fashion way is better. Like manuel blood pressures, non electronic temps. etc. Another thing you are in control of your healing. Be positive, try not to worry about what might happen. Be aware, but try not to worry. Get up and move!! The more you lay around the less energy you will have. I am a firm believer in mind over matter. The number one thing is you need support from this site!! I came here daily before and almost one yr later still am! I did not tell anyone I had this done and so I had no support from family and friends. I found the all the answers here on this site. Dr. Aguirre's forum is another place to get a lot of info. I can't imagine have gone down their without knowing what I did. Would I go back..yes in a heartbeat!! Julie
GW
on 3/14/05 12:10 am - Weatherford, TX
Julie, Thanks for the fantastic post! I couldn't agree with you more. I hope that Rodger will read all of this and know he has support here! By the way, he is from Oregon too! Genie
SandiBeach
on 3/14/05 2:44 am - Northwest USA
Here is Roger's profile page, if anyone want to email. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=S1061764578
Dinka Doo
on 3/14/05 4:41 am - Medford, OR
Thanks for digging that up Sandi! I sent him an email already. And whaddaya know - a fellow Oregonian to boot! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views