couple of questions in preparation for my trip!!

rhionan
on 3/13/05 6:51 am - Lincoln, NE
Hello everyone! 1: Name one item you did not take with you to Ensenada that you wish you had taken. 2: Are there laundry facilities at the appartment building? Need to know so my Mom and I know how much clothing to pack!! I am somewhat of an obsessive control freak so I am planning and replanning my trip in hopes that nothing goes wrong. Love and hope to you! Tera
Dinka Doo
on 3/13/05 7:31 am - Medford, OR
1) Wish I had taken those glycerin pops that you can use to wet your mouth after surgery. Not being able to drink was a bit of a struggle. I had no real pain, but I asked to be doped up so I would just sleep through it! You can get them at certain drug stores...usually ones that do specialty things like compounding or home health stuff. 2) Dunno about the laundry at the apt since I stayed at the Hotel Coral. I pretty much stayed in my nightgown most of the time and didn't worry about my clothing unless I was going out. Dina
Red H.
on 3/13/05 7:45 am - Lebanon, OR
I would have taken a perscription for pain pills. And a pill crusher. Not the best tasting but the med. works. The sublingual just didn't cut it for us. Kay & Candice
GW
on 3/13/05 8:27 am - Weatherford, TX
Tera, I definitely agree with Kay! The sublinguals just kinda took the edge off. I did take a pill crusher for my pills (didn't know I wouldn't need it! I got it at the local dollar store!). As for dry mouth, I wish I had known about glycerin pops. I just asked the nurse to let me swish water around and spit it out. That helped a little. Don't worry about taking to many clothes. A gown (Not pajama bottoms and tops) work best! It is hard to bend and pull up panties so I didn't dress unless I was going out. That worked best for me. The apartment has a hair dryer and shampoo. At least #1 does. I guess if I would have to pick something I missed, it would be a RECLINER! Let me know how you work that one out! I did tell Rosella the apartments need a recliner and the tv moved to the livingroom. She said is working on that. So by the time you get there, who knows?! Other than that, this site gave me so much info, I had everything I needed. Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views