March 24th in Monterrey

Shelby H.
on 3/13/05 6:27 am - Chehalis, WA
I'll be getting the lap band surgery done with Dr. Arturo Rodriguez on March 24th and I was just curious if anyone else will be in Monterrey around that time. I've been wanting this surgery for so long and I can't believe it's only a week and a half away! The funny thing is I'm not nervous at all, i'm just sooo ready to do this. I have a few questions though, I'm noticing that when you go to Mexico for surgery the doctors don't really say anything about how you should be eating in the weeks before surgery, but the people having this surgery in the states, their Drs. have put them on liquid diets anywhere from 1-2 weeks before their surgeries, so I'm confused as to whether or not I'm supposed to be on liquids in the weeks before surgery or not. The only thing that my Dr. said was not to eat or drink after midnight the night before. I was just curious what everyone else was eating in the weeks before their surgeries. Shelby
Maria F.
on 3/14/05 3:40 am - San Diego, CA
Shelby, I was banded by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. He did not requiere me to go on a liquid diet before surgery. I also got the same instructions you did. I did try and go on a relaxed diet but did have my favorites, couldn't help it. Everything went just fine with my surgery. Mary Dr Aceves
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views