Can we Drink 7UP ?

Dinka Doo
on 3/12/05 4:55 pm - Medford, OR
Who said you can't have salt or pepper or condiments? I don't remember that at all....my memory either is going or something. Now that I think about it it seems I recall something about pepper but never anything about salt. Did I totally forget the post-op instructions?????!!!! I don't know about Ginger...I'd think that it would be fine if it usually settles the stomach. I never have heard about it being a taboo though. In a tea or something like that I don't think it would be an issue. ??? Dina
GW
on 3/13/05 4:56 am - Weatherford, TX
Dina, The salt thing was on the paperwork that I received from Dr. Agurirre. I don't know if everyone goes by it or not but he said no added salt. I haven't added any, but I sure don't skip it if it already has it in it! Genie
Dinka Doo
on 3/13/05 7:05 am - Medford, OR
OH THAT'S RIGHT!!!! I completely forgot! I did the same as you - didn't add salt but didn't avoid things that had salt on/in them. I seem to recall asking Dr. Aguirre about it - faintly remember something. IF I can recall correctly he was more concerned with the spice like pepper but I could be wrong. Either way, it is all a blur to me now. All I remember is the month without coffee! Dina
rhionan
on 3/12/05 1:44 am - Lincoln, NE
Hello all! I would agree with the ginger. I am not post-op but I too use herbs for remedies. Chamomile tea with some ginger steaped in it would be an excellent choice! I am sure you will feel better soon!! Love and hope to you! Tera
GW
on 3/13/05 5:06 am - Weatherford, TX
Tera, Yes! Chamomile definetly! Where is my mind at???? Thanks! That will really help! Genie
TTCromar
on 3/12/05 3:29 am - UT
Kay....what did you and Candice try? Is she doing better? Please let us know. Thanks!!!
Dinka Doo
on 3/12/05 4:50 pm - Medford, OR
I don't buy the carbonation stretches the pouch theory (it is only a theory and it's not even held up as true by half the surgeons out there). HOWEVER, I would say not to give it to her because even though I don't believe it will stretch the pouch, it can be irritating. I see no harm if she lets the diet 7-up go dead though. It would be no different than Crystal Light or other such drink. Probably wouldn't be much help at that point though either. Dina
Red H.
on 3/13/05 1:52 am - Lebanon, OR
Hi, Many have responded to ask what Candice is taking. Ice Tea and Gaterade. Water makes her violently ill. We've used crystal lite. 5 teaspoons of anything is all she can handle. She is looking so much better and said today she feels more alert for the first time. Our question to all of you is what are you doing for pain? Those sublingual tabs just don't cut it.?????????? Kay
TTCromar
on 3/13/05 2:37 am - UT
Hi Kay...glad to hear Candice is feeling a bit better. Here's my response to your question. I was so ill after my surgery. Not where they cut me open, but it felt as if my insides had been used as bowling balls. A friend recommended "zango juice". I wasn't sure a "juice" would help, but it actually did. It acts as a anti inflamitory and calmed my inards right down. You only need about 4oz a day, and I just finished my 1st bottle and will finish the 2nd and then not get any more. You can look it up online or i'm sure there is someone in your area that sells it. I have gotten a couple of headaches, so i went and got childrens tylenol meltaways. They haven't upset my tummy or anything and they help. As for the gas and tummy upset..i've been taking tums or something of the same nature. Best of luck Candice!!! Your in our thoughts and prayers!!
Dinka Doo
on 3/13/05 7:09 am - Medford, OR
Again, this Protidiet will help a lot because it goes down as easy as Crystal Light and also has protein that the body seems to just soak up immediately. Still willing to mail some out if you want to send an address... Pain: I would say maybe she should see if she can get a local doc to prescribe some vicodin or something similar. I didn't have pain except for some sharp hunger type pangs on occasion, so I didn't need anything. I would definitely recommend she see a doc and see if she can get something like Vicodin or Percocet though if she is having problems. Can also get codeine in a cough syrup form if that is a problem, but not sure how much sugar would be in it. Probably not enough to be a problem, but who knows. Might also be able to dissolve a tab in liquid. Try the Carb Countdown chocolate milk also. It's got 12 grams of protein per cup and tastes just like the real thing. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views