Thursday food post :)

chunkable
on 3/10/05 2:29 am - federal way, wa
Sorry i've been slacking here's the plan for me for today B - sliced thin roast beef s - protein shake l- taco salad s-protein shake d- turkey roast and broccoli.. mmm with butter
GW
on 3/10/05 4:05 am - Weatherford, TX
OOOOHHHHHH! That sounds so good! Got any great ideas for me at this stage of the game? Tomorrow will be one week and I guess I am looking at jello and peanut butter and crackers for lunch - again! Genie
Molly Mae
on 3/10/05 4:27 am - WA
hmmm...Genie, when you get home you might try some really good cheese, cream of chicken soup or maybe a little oatmeal. I also really liked cream of wheat at your stage. I loved soft cooked veggies and I felt better after eating fresh stuff. I enjoyed the pan tostado from Giante with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese (processed Swiss cheese). I know a lot of people do "lasagna" which is some ricotta cheese, premade spaghetti sauce and some mozzarella cheese on top. Warm til bubbly in microwave. While I was still there in Ensenada I would go out to eat with my mom and ate the refried beans, about a teaspoon. I also got/get a lot of good ideas from Kat's website. The address is this: katsjourney (dot) com. She has all of her food menus outlined there for the first few weeks and months. You will do great. I am enjoying and savoring, my food more than ever. I am eating more yummy healthy foods instead of the grease I used to eat all the time preop and never REALLY enjoyed as much! It's really neat. Sounds like you are doing awesome, just like we knew you would! Molly
GW
on 3/10/05 7:29 am - Weatherford, TX
I have done the oatmeal and grits. But, ooh, that lasagna sounds good! Where do I go?? Thanks for the good ideas and Kats website. I will check that out! Genie
Molly Mae
on 3/10/05 4:17 am - WA
Well, I have my food all planned out for the day... wake up: 3oz coffee with creamer breakfast: 3/4 egg with sharp cheddar, two bites ceral bar (bad choice) lunch: 1/2 cup Lean Cuisine lemongrass chicken and veggies snack: protein shake EAS coffee house mocha flavor dinner: 4 or 5 shrimp sauteed with olive oil and cilantro, roasted asparagus about 800-900 calories and 60g protein so, I'd better plan another shake in there somewhere! Have a great day, Molly 252/205/135
TTCromar
on 3/10/05 5:16 am - UT
hi ya'll!! I'd like to know how ya'll figure out your protein and nutritional info. Like I read on one of the posts back abit, that someone actually knew the amount of protein in an egg. Is there a book or something??? Any info. would be nice!!! All of you are doing sooo good!!!
Molly Mae
on 3/10/05 5:33 am - WA
Hi Tami! I know a lot of people use fitday.com. I like to play around on that site a lot but do not use it religiously as a food diary. As a person who eats at home most times, I have a lot of the nutritional info right on the container of whatever I am eating, usually. Like today, I ate an egg. It always has the nutritional info on the carton. Mine says 80 calories and 7 grams of protein. The FDA is a real stickler about those nutritional value little breakdowns being on almost everything. Even Tic-Tacs, hehe. I do believe that there is a book with nutritional counts. The internet is a perfect data base for this. You can "GOOGLE" almost any food and come up with the info. Just type in "medium egg nutritional info" and give it a try. The only thing that is sorta wierd to find the info on is stuff like fresh veggies and things like that. I just know there is not a lot of bad stuff in veggies anyway so, they are "just gravy" so to speak, LOL! It can be a challenge to get used to counting all your proteins, huh! More later if I think of anything! Molly
tamara_b73
on 3/10/05 7:34 am - wisconsin dells, wi
I have to admit that I am unable to take any protein shakes. They make me . I know I need to because I need more protein. I am going to get some of the unflavored stuff and try that. Otherwise, I just don't know. I can't handle the smell or the taste. Every protein supplement out there smells like week old dirty socks to me. Ugghhh. Anyway, here's what I had today: B: 1/2 c. cheerios with skim milk snack: string cheese L: 1-2 oz bbq chicken breast and a few bites of the kids' mac and cheese D: a little less than a quarter c. of mashed potatoes and 1-2 ounces of roast beef cut into very small bites. snack: 2 c. air popped popcorn ? This is very very good. mmmmmm.... Anyway, I feel kinda bad cause I'm not following the food 'plan'. This is what is working for me. And at least it's not oreos and pizza and crap. Later, Tamara
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views