HELP!

Red H.
on 3/8/05 12:29 am - Lebanon, OR
Candice is home and is very ill. Dry heaves for the past 12 hrs. She was doing good in the beginning. We are glad we came back to San Diego a day early. She could not have made that drive and fly in the same day. Has anyone else has problems they questioned? and what did you do? Kay
Dinka Doo
on 3/8/05 12:37 am - Medford, OR
Kay - I don't know what to tell you about the dry heaves. Call Dr. A maybe and see if he can be of help. I think some people are just sensitive after surgery and do get sick. It can also sometimes signal something more serious so I would recommend talking to a surgeon. I know it's a long shot, but if you can't find a surgeon in the local area up there to see her, Dr. Stewart in Ashland said he would see post-ops from other doctors (like Mexico). Here is his website: http://www.ashlandsurgery.com/ He's a really nice man - I know him from church. If worse comes to worse, you can haul her down here, but I'm still thinking ER over a trip to Ashland. Also try calling Dr. Flanagan's office in Eugene....maybe he'd be willing to see her since he's only doing in office follow ups now as he's retired from surgeries... Dina
Dinka Doo
on 3/8/05 12:42 am - Medford, OR
Kay - this is what I gleaned off one website: "Bowel obstruction caused by adhesions (scar tissue) can occur after gastric bypass surgery, as it can after any abdominal operation. This is often evidenced by persistent vomiting or abdominal pain and should be reported to your doctor right away. "
Dinka Doo
on 3/8/05 12:48 am - Medford, OR
And one more: "Nausea after this surgery is very common. If vomiting occurs, stop drinking or eating until the feeling of nausea passes. After the nausea is gone, you may take in fluids only before trying to eat solid foods. If you have continuous vomiting and cannot keep fluids down, call your surgeon right away. This could be dangerous."
GW
on 3/8/05 1:40 am - Weatherford, TX
Oh Kay, I am so sorry to hear about Candice! I will be praying for her. Please keep us posted! You can email Rosella too, but she is in San diego for the day, so it will be later or even tomorrow when she replies. I think I would opt for the ER as well. Please, please, let us know! Genie
chunkable
on 3/8/05 2:12 am - federal way, wa
Kay please take her to the doctor. Better to be safe than sorry. Give her a big hug for me and tell her she's going to be just fine. Try not to panic but I would definately get her into a hospital and just have her checked out. It will set everyone's mind at ease.. love you guys Cindy
GerrAnn
on 3/8/05 6:16 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Kay Been worrying all day about Candice.. Please let us know how she is feeling and what the doctor said.. GerrAnn
Cheri Moran
on 3/8/05 6:27 am - Big Spring, TX
Kay, Dina suggestion to call Dr. A is an excellent one. I feel sure you'll be able to find a doctor in your area that will see her. Tell her we're praying for her! Cheri
jarrn03
on 3/8/05 7:47 am - Lebanon, OR
I spoke to Kay a few hrs ago and Candice is doing better. Thinking it may be from the traveling and being exhausted. I am going to take out her drain tomorrow for her. Julie
cathy.fowler
on 3/8/05 7:49 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Julie, thanks for letting us know! This time next week --hopefully--she'll be doing lots better! Cathy Fowler
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views