I am out of the hospital

GW
on 3/6/05 9:45 am - Weatherford, TX
Well, I am back in the apartment. Can't say that I feel good yet, but I don't regret this either. I have to keep reminding myself what it will be like in a couple of weeks, then months. Today, it is hell! My mouth feels like cotton and I just can't seem to get comfortable. I sure miss my recliner! But, everyone here has been fantastic and very kind. I just love Rosella and Dr. A. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. I don't think I could have gotten this far without them. Genie
lakerskobeb
on 3/6/05 9:50 am - Canton, OH
Hyia Genie, I am scheduled for June 7th with Dr. A and I just wanted to send you a special get well prayer. I am glad you are back at the apartment and I pray for a speedy recovery! Ronda in OHIO!
GW
on 3/6/05 11:29 pm - Weatherford, TX
Thanks Ronda! It will soon be your turn! Genie
cathy.fowler
on 3/6/05 10:44 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Genie. Every day gets better from here! Start walking--that and getting out every day will help! You are doing great! Where are Candice and Kay? Are they out of the hospital yet?
GW
on 3/6/05 5:33 pm - Weatherford, TX
Hey Cathy, I saw Candice right before my pre-op visit Thursday night. She was in good spirits and doing well. She said Kay was in quite a bit of pain, so I didn't see her. She had just come out of surgery. Candice had only good things to say about the hospital and care. When I arrived Friday morning, I was told that Candice and Kay had checked themselved out of the hospital the night before! I don't know if they went to the hotel or back to the states. I have not heard. I am concerned about them and hope all is well. If you hear from them, please post and let us all know, ok? Genie
TracyW
on 3/6/05 10:58 am - Spring, TX
Hey Genie... I'm glad that you are back at the apartment. I remember this day also, I too just could not get comfrontable, and was really missing my recliner. Tomorrow is your water day, I really looked fordward to that, if you can try to go walking down to the park or somewhere and do your breathing exercises. Tracy 375/321/200
GW
on 3/6/05 11:31 pm - Weatherford, TX
Thanks Tracy! I think I will have to give it a few days before I go walking to the park. Walking was hard on me even before surgery. But I admire all you did. You are the man! And that weightloss! You are definitely doing everything right! Keep it up. I am so proud of you. You are truly an inspiration! Genie
Cheri Moran
on 3/6/05 11:38 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Genie! I am so glad to hear from you again! I called Cardiomed yesterday to check on you but I got voice response or an answering machine and it was in Spanish so I couldn't talk to you. It was so good to hear from your husband and to know you were out of surgery and doing well. I know he is taking good care of you. Every day will be better. Just be sure to do your walking and breathing exercises. Hang in there, you are still in our thoughts and prayers. Cheri
GW
on 3/6/05 11:34 pm - Weatherford, TX
Cheri, I am beginning to feel like I am part of the living again! Every day does get better. Having all of you post ops shining a light on the unknown path we new post ops are taking, really does help! Thanks for your support and prayers. They mean everything to me! Genie
chunkable
on 3/6/05 12:10 pm - federal way, wa
genie the hard part is over. Now just take it easy and try to rest. Don't push yourself too hard but walking helps. Take a little walk around the park and then come home and take a nap. The apartments really need to invest in a nice cushy recliner for us. I could have slept like a baby in one of those compared to the hard beds. lol good luck sweety you will start feeling better soon I promise.. Big hugs and a congrats. Your already a loser Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views