Had my surgery and am checking in

JIMSMOMM
on 3/6/05 12:41 am - Strongsville, OH
Hello everyone. Had my surgery with Dr. Kuri on 2/22/05 in TJ. Have gone through the rough liquids and am in the munchies and getting ready for the very soft stuff. Can't wait. Overall everything is progressing exactly like everyone says on the boards. Reading everyones messages is as valuable a tool as the band itself for me. I have really only had a few moments that I have felt that I could eat anything in front of me. So I consider myself lucky. Although I haven't had any problems and will probably go back to MX for at least my first fill, I am still having absolutely no luck finding a local area dr to see for follow-up or fills. Most of the databases I've been referred to are extremely lightweight for Ohio or out of date since most listed no longer see mexican banded patients. Even the mfg lists drs but calling around to the ones from Ohio, most of them listed have taken the "seminar" but haven't even started doing lab-band. In any event it is my side project. Still determined to find a human being in Ohio that will see me at a reasonable price. By the way I did find a resonable priced Dr in the Toledo area. However, he requires the first fill to be done in the hospital and as a selfpay the hosp/dr expenses will total almost $1000. A trip to MX would be alot cheaper and doesn't make sense to me. In any event, thank you to everyone that sent me messages before my surgery, your prayers and best wishes were with me. Maryanne/Ohio Dr. Kuri in TJ Mexico 2/22/05 336/308/150
swilliams
on 3/6/05 2:58 am - somewhere, IL
I am glad you made me over! I can not wait until it is my turn (3/18)! Did you loose this much weight after/post your surgery? That is great!! Good Luck and rest up, S Williams
Ivonne B.
on 3/6/05 9:22 am - Washinton, WA
Maryanne, Congratulations on your surgery! Welcome to the losing side!! Ivonne pre fill Dr Aceves
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views