Question for Dr. Aguirre Patients

KrisInAL
on 3/4/05 6:11 am - Bessemer, AL
When my husband had his gb surgery here in the states, they removed part of his intestine. So, the surgery works for him in two ways - he can't eat as much & not as much is absorbed. Did Dr. Aguirre remove some of our intestines too? I automatically assumed that it would be the same procedure, but you know what happens when you assume! Thanks.
chunkable
on 3/4/05 6:37 am - federal way, wa
hmm I've never heard of them actually removing the intestines. I know they re-route the intestines so that no food is going into the part they bypass that is how it gives you the malupsorbtive and the better weight loss and that is why we need to take vitamins but I've never heard of them actually physically taking intestines out. Are you sure they removed his and didn't just bypass that much? I don't think dr aguirre removes them no i think he just bypassed and re-routed our intestines. Either way it would work the same I think. Don't quote me on that lol Cin
Happy Me
on 3/4/05 10:11 am
yup, he removes 120cm
Happy Me
on 3/5/05 1:12 am
My husband told me I was delirious at the time, you guys are right, I'm wrong...not the first time though, SORRY
Molly Mae
on 3/6/05 1:17 am - WA
Jeez, Sue, I totally know how you feel. I thought that he removed some as well. I need to go back and re-read my little file folder he gave me that has a complete description of my procedure. I thought he took some of the intestine out before connecting it back up. How do we malabsorb then? Anyway, I will tell you when I find out. This post just makes me realize how much I trust Dr. Aguirre. Not in a bad way but still it's wierd that I know so little about my own procedure, LOL! More later, Molly
Jasna2
on 3/4/05 11:13 pm - Eau Claire, WI
Dr. Aguirre told me that he didn't remove the intestine just re routed it. He even drew a picture. I don't know if he does different things for different people? Anne
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views