Hey Lapbanders!!!

Ivonne B.
on 3/3/05 8:14 am - Washinton, WA
Hey, I got banded by Dr. Aceves in Jan 05, I think it is time for my 1st fill. Any suggestions or secrets I should know to have the correct amount? Is it painful? Ivonne Just banded Dr Aceves
Sandy N.
on 3/3/05 8:29 am - GA
Hello Fellow Dr. Aceves Bandster! The fills are not painful at all, I hope you are getting yours under fluoro, this will permit the doctor to find the port easily with the x ray. I have never liked needles but then agian who does? Mexican doctors are more flexible on the amount of liquid you get in, some doctors in the US will only fill a certian amount on the 1st fill even if you think you need more. You will see and feel the restriction and know if it feels tight. You don't want to get overfilled either it can be pretty miserable for the next few weeks if you do. Take it easy, it takes a couple of fills to get to your "sweet spot" , just enjoy the weight loss after your fill and know that the best part about this is that you can always get another one and continue losing. Sandy lap band- Dr. Aceves
Ivonne B.
on 3/3/05 8:34 am - Washinton, WA
Thanks Sandy! I will consider this. How long ago were you banded? How much weight have you lost? Ivonne Pre fill Dr Aceves
Sandy N.
on 3/4/05 9:25 am - GA
I ws banded a year and a half ago and have lost 107 lbs and counting. It is getting harder to lose weight as I get closer to my goal weight which is 160. I am very happy with the results right now and I think I can remain at this level of adjustment in my band for a long time. Sandy lap band -Dr Aceves 292/185/160
Sylvia T.
on 3/4/05 9:30 pm - Pe Ell, WA
Ivonne, Are you going back to Dr. Aceves for your fill or do you have someone here in WA?
Ivonne B.
on 3/5/05 10:40 am - Washinton, WA
I think I am going back at least for the first fill. There is radiology center in Tacoma that Nina told me about that can do the fills for me, I just need an order from my doctor and they will do them. But if I can get away I will go to Mexicali. Ivonne pre fill Dr. Aceves
Sylvia T.
on 3/7/05 11:38 am - Pe Ell, WA
Ivonne, I feel like you. I would like to go back to my doctor in Mexico for the first fill also. Would you please pass on the information about the center in Tacoma. I would like to investigate their service. Thanks, Sylvia
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views