Antidepressants

Melissa M.
on 2/28/05 11:27 am - Weatherford, TX
Was anyone on antidepressants before surgery, and did you continue them after? I tried to get off mine when I had my last child, but I just cried hysterically , so I am scared of the thought of doing without , even if only for a few days. My husband and coworkers like me much better on them ! Melissa Massey
TTCromar
on 2/28/05 3:31 pm - UT
Hey Melissa!!! I was on anti depressants before surgery. Dr. A didn't want me taking any meds for 1 month. So i haven't. I've had a couple of low days, but in general i've been ok. Nothing too bad without the meds. Talk to your Dr. and see what he wants you to do. Best of Luck!!!
cathy.fowler
on 3/1/05 1:42 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Melissa, I agree with Tami....talk to you doctor. I was on Zoloft before surgery. I tried and tried and tried to take one the night I got back to the hotel. I desolved and squashed and drank toooooo much water to get it down. I'm not going to try again! If my nervers get too bad, I go see my doctor.......but, so far, thankfully, I've had no problems. Take care, Cathy
Sandy N.
on 3/3/05 7:53 am - GA
Melissa, I had to stop taking them about 2 weeks before surgery and was off them for about 1 week after. Now getting off antidepressants while pregnant or after is much tougher I would think. I know I was a whole different person during my pregnancies and a few months after I think I was even worse! I think it depends on your doctor but Dr. Aceves asks all his patients to stop them before. Sandy Lap band-Dr Aceves
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views