Lap Band cost in Mexico?

JennyRich7
on 2/26/05 11:06 pm - Tampa, FL
I'm checking into self pay in the US and now looking at Mexico. Can you all tell me what you payed and with whom you had surgery? And your experiences? Short version is fine. I'm still trying to fight the exclusion with my company but I don't know if it will do me any good but it might help others. Jennifer
StellaNut
on 2/27/05 4:08 am - Auburn, WA
Greetings Jennifer, I can email you a word document with a table of doctor names, fees, and services that could get you started that I copied from a MexicoBandster yahoo group. Email me privately with your permission to send you an attachment. I used Dr. Kuri, $8,900 and have nothing but **GREAT** things to say. The entire process is smooth and well planned. You fly into San Diego Airport; Manuel picks up you and whisks you to the lab and hotel. The hotel is within a block of the hospital. The hospital is run by nuns and is older, but it followed good sterile procedures and practices (had my RN friend double checking all that stuff) and the Operating Room is state of the art. I hear he has a second surgical site an hour further south that is more luxurious, more of a resort..... which would probably cost more, but I hear is very nice.... Dr Kuri's site is www.beliteweight.com and an additional site is http://www.lapbandsurgery.com/ http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mexicanbandsters/ Good luck on the research portion of your journey; it can be exhausting. Robin
Nicky R.
on 2/27/05 1:21 pm - Northern, VA
Had mine done by Dr. Sanchez in Monterrey Mexico. It cost me $8,750 but I think he is having a special right now for like 7,900. Dr. Sanchez is a great doctor, he is the most experienced surgeon that I know of. Has done over 5,000 bands. The website is www.ready4achange.com. Good luck. Nicky
Sandy N.
on 2/28/05 5:46 am - GA
Jennifer, I had my surgery done by Dr. Alberto Aceves in Mexicali, Mexico. His web site is www.mexicolapband.com He is an great doctor and my whole experience there was wonderful. He also has a support group where you can talk to his patients, you can learn a lot from us oldies. I can totally recommend him and his staff. He uses the Lap band approved in the US. I paid 8200 dlls with everything included but the plane tickets, everything else was taken care of including 2 nights at the hospital for me and 2 nights at the hotel for my husband. Good luck! Sandy lap band -dr aceves
Ivonne B.
on 2/28/05 6:15 am - Washinton, WA
Hello Jennifer I used Dr. Aceves as my surgeon too and can only back what Sandy has to say, he is AWESOME!! You really don't have anything to worry about, they also pick you up at the airport or your meeting place if you are driving and take you straight to the hospital to start tests, I had my surgery the day I arrived and was happy to get it over with and start my new life. I stayed both nights at the hospital and headed home the day after. The hospital is really nice and clean it is new too. I loved the personal attention I got the 3 days there, nothing like I have had here. You can visit our support group, it was helpful for me to read on other patients experiences, it might be helpful for you too. Ivonne
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views