Lap Band - HELP NEEDED

tipper77
on 2/26/05 5:39 am - Frisco, TX
Hey everyone, I have a friend who was banded here in the states, now she is having a problem because when they banded her they gave her the largest band because of her size. Well, as a result of her weight loss and stomach shrinking - her band is now slipping causing problems of all sorts. Well, true to form, her insurance company won't pay to have the band replaced, only for complete removal. She is appealing but is looking for a back-up plan. Does anyone have a recommendation for a surgeon in Mexico that does the band and what is the cost? Thanks in advance for your help!! Kat
StellaNut
on 2/26/05 11:34 am - Auburn, WA
Hi there.... It is a daunting task trying to find a doctor in another country, huh? I used Dr. Kuri (http://www.beliteweight.com/), and I highly recommend him, his patient facilitators, and facilities. Dr. Kuri has completed over 1,200 bandings and is American Board of Bariatric Surgery certified. I brought along an RN friend for my own piece of mind, and she gave him big thumbs up and was even invited into the operating room. She's seen my liver and tells me it's healthy! Good to know after living through the 80s and 90s single! Dr. Kuri's cost was $8,900 including hotel. There are 5 or 6 doctors that are also top notch and their patience love them. Dr. Raumbut, Dr. Ortiz, Dr. Sanchez are the ones that come to mind. If you want a list and contacts of Dr. Kuri and these docs, email me and I'll forward a word document a Mexico Banster yahoo group put together. I would be happy to answer any specific questions you might have too! ~Robin
Sandy N.
on 2/28/05 5:59 am - GA
Hi Kat, I can recommend you talk to Dr. Aceves, he is a great doctor and I am sure would be able to help your friend. His cost is 8200 dlls. I really couldn't tell you if they remove the old one and place a new one on the same procedure and if the cost is the same. I had my surgery more than a year ago and can tell you that I am very happy with my results and with the post op care I have recieved from Dr. Aceves. It is important for her to know that she can call or email and will get prompt answers, it will give her peace of mind. Tell her that she will be in good hands with the surgeons is Mexico, I have read good things about other doctors and can really recommend the one I used for this surgery, I only wish I had him close by to use him for everything else! You can visit his website at www.mexicolapband.com and his patient forum here. Sandy lap band-dr aceves
Sylvia T.
on 3/4/05 9:42 pm - Pe Ell, WA
I used Dr. Alessandrini in Tijuana and had a wonderful experience. My cost was $8250, but there is a lower option of $7500. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views