half the staples and that godforsaken tube out...

martyp
on 2/24/05 7:28 am - springfield, VA
ok. half the staples are out and so is the tube. things are looking up. i am flying out tommorrow and was supposed to remove the rest of the staples before i left but they suggested i do it myself on saturday as an added precaution against my coughing which is still pretty active. i can hit a clinic or do it myself probably... right?
DW
on 2/24/05 7:35 am - Galveston, TX
Hi Marty, You should not have any problem taking out the staples yourself, half of mine fell out on their own. Good plan to take them out after you get home I wish I had, the seat belt cut into mine, I have a very nice pencil thin scar except about two inches where the seatbelt squeezed mine, get the seatbelt extention if possible. Glad you are doing well and welcome to the loosing side.....lol Dot
chunkable
on 2/24/05 8:15 am - federal way, wa
just make sure you get the right staple remover thing before you go maybe they can give you one or tell you where to buy one. I couldn't find one here when I had mine removed. I tried doing it myself without the correct remover and I couldn't do it because the remover bends the staples in half like you saw. Be careful but you can remove them yourself. Good luck Cindy
Cheri Moran
on 2/24/05 9:46 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Marty! I can't help you with the staple removing question as I had mine out before I left. I just wanted to drop in and wish you well as you travel home. Hopefully that cough will disappear before too much longer! Happy traveling! Cheri
GerrAnn
on 2/24/05 9:55 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Marty Im so happy to hear that you are heading home.. That is where you will do your best recovery!! That cough is a bummer.. I know that Tracy had problems with it and I also did until I got cough medicine while there.. I hope you get some help with the staples when you get home.. Just can't believe that you don't miss that G-tube.. Take care.. GerrAnn
Candice E.
on 2/25/05 3:05 am - Lebanon, OR
HAve a good trip home, I am right behind ya. Candcie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?