going to mexico

gogeko
on 2/23/05 2:29 pm - Palmer, AK
i will be going to ensenada in may/june for surgery. i will be staying at one of dr. agguires appartments. my husband is coming with me too. does anyone who has been there have suggestions on what to bring. anything you bruoght that you didnt need and anything you didnt bring you wish you had of? and what do you suggest for dear hubby to do if he is bored? thanks cindy ( from wasilla alaska )
TTCromar
on 2/23/05 4:10 pm - UT
Hello Cindy, congrats on your surgery!!! There are many lists out there and if you go back in this forum many of them are listed. Whatever you do, don't forget your back scratcher. LOL... If your staying down town there is lots to see for your husband. My husband walked from the Hotel Coral to down town and shopped and looked around. Or there is always books, Uno, movies or computer games. Congrats and good luck!!!!
GerrAnn
on 2/23/05 10:53 pm - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Cindy Welcome aboard.. You will find a large amount of information on this site.. Ask a question and you will get an answer.. Wonderful people.. I might suggest 2 places that will give you everyting you need to prepare for your trip.. One is Katsjourney.com and the other is cherimoran.com with the www in front.. They have suggestions, food list, what to take etc... I'm sure that we will be hearing more from you as you prepare to go.. You have made a excelent choice going to Dr. Aguirre.. GerrAnn
chunkable
on 2/24/05 4:25 am - federal way, wa
hey Cindy this is Cindy too. I know right where wasilla alaska is I grew up in Eagle River. Im only 1 month post op but I didn't nearly need as many clothes as I packed. Take loose fitting clothes like sweats you will live in them after surgery. I also took a card game that ended up saving us from the life of boredom. We played cards with Tracy and his mom next door for the last few nights we were there. The time seems to drag on in the apartments since there isn't much to do right there close. We did walk to the park a few times which was nice. Bring vhs movies for the hospital to watch for your husband. Mike watched a bunch of movies while we were there and would have been bored stiff if it weren't for that. maybe bring some extra bath towels for the apt because rosella only gave us 1 set to use for the entire week we were there.. ick. Bring shampoo and conditioner and soap and that is about it. Also be sure you pick yourself up some bottled water or something in san diego to drink. You don't want to drink the water out of the tap. Good luck Cindy
Cheri Moran
on 2/24/05 9:30 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Cindy! Welcome to the South of the Border Forum! My surgery was in May 2004. I would suggest you carry a sweater or jacket. It's still pretty cool in the evenings in May and you don't know how your body will react. You may feel cool from the start. I took some pretty cotton gowns. They were long and I wore them the first two or three days I was back at the apartment. Shower shoes are nice to have to wear in the shower. Books, crossword puzzle and other word puzzle books were great to have. My husband and I had been working such long hard hours so we enjoyed the opportunity to relax and read and take life easy while we were in Ensenada. You can read more about my stay on my website. In addition to my journal there's a page that details the 10 days we were in Mexico. You can click on the www tab at the bottom of my post if you want to go to my site. Once again, welcome aboard! Cheri
michelle J.
on 2/24/05 10:43 am - brooklyn, ny
planning on going to tij over easter for my band doing it with bajanor, unsure if i should go with midband or inamed bands. money is a factor, using my entire savings to cover cost, 7500 for midband, 8200 for inamed i dont have but may be able to borrow. going to be 32 in july and dont want another reaching me at 250, bmi 39
gogeko
on 2/24/05 1:39 pm - Palmer, AK
thanks everyone for your replys. i have found them very helpful. you are great. i will keep everyone posted as the time draws nearer. eeeeeeeee im getting so excited. and still have three months to wait. lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views