Beer?

Melissa M.
on 2/23/05 7:11 am - Weatherford, TX
I was talking with someone who knows I've been researching WLS, and she asked a question I would never have considered since I think beer tastes awful, but I told her I'd ask ya'll....can you ever drink beer after WLS? I told her 1. it's not low in calories , and 2. it's probably like soda in that it's bubbly and probably not well tolerated by pouches. Is this correct?
Candice E.
on 2/23/05 7:19 am - Lebanon, OR
You are right, Absolutey no beer!!! A year after Surgery they say you can have maybe a couple sips of Wine, because it is not carbonated. But no Beer!!!! My mom just had the surgery that is how I know this. She will have major problems if she does. Candice
y0maria
on 2/23/05 9:12 am - CA
Beer isn't a great choice but yes you can drink it. I know of lots of people who have had WLS and have had a beer now and then. I personally have had a few sips but I have never really liked the taste of beer anyways. My sister has a Fat Tire (microbrew) now and then. It's now as carbonated as regular beer. But once again, it's not a good choice due to the carbonation and empty calories.
Red H.
on 2/23/05 2:03 pm - Lebanon, OR
I was told that due to the size of our pouch, drinking alcohol could cause alcohol poisoning fairly quickly. I also learned that a couple small glasses of wine a week won't hurt. A friend I know who had WLS has been sampling more than wine for a while. At first she got sick, now she seems to be able to tolorate it. She is currently experiencing some internal problems. They haven't found out why yet. I believe that moderation is my key. I try different things in very small amounts to see how they react. Have a great week. Kay
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views