Will anyone...?

Melissa M.
on 2/22/05 3:10 pm - UT
Will anyone be in Mexico on/around March 18th? I'm scheduled for my surgery on the 18th with Dr. Aguire. I was going to take my mom and daughter but I may end up going by myself due to my mom's work schedule. I really don't want to be alone. I'm sorry that I haven't been real supportive on other posters lately. I'm starting to get really nervous. I know it's a few weeks away, nearly a month, but I am a chronic worrier. I guess that's part of the reason I get panic attacks. Which brings me to a question, do they give you something before they knock you out if you have panic attacks pretty easily? I guess I should really ask Rosella that. Thanks Melissa
TTCromar
on 2/22/05 10:24 pm - UT
There is noooo way in Heck your going by yourself. I'll pack myself up and ship myself there and go with you if I need to, but you are NOT going by yourself!!!!! *huggs* They give you an I.V. and then he gives you his secret mix and your pretty much out of it. Don't worry. If you can get through the I.V., you'll be fine. I'm excited for you!!!!
GerrAnn
on 2/22/05 11:09 pm - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Melissa Tami is absolutely right about you not going by yourself.. You need to find someone!! Of course you are starting to get nervous.. This is a major surgery.. Don't be hard on yourself, we have all gone through this stage before surgery.. I even went on a trip the week before so that I could try to clear my mind a bit.. Ended up on this site anyways!!! lol Use this site as your friend..There is a lot of support here for you!! Hang in there my friend.. P.S about the weight thing.. I put on 20 lbs before surgery.. From Sept to Feb.. try to do that one... GerrAnn
martyp
on 2/22/05 11:44 pm - springfield, VA
i had a daughter who was gonna make the trip and then school reared its head. i had a brother who was gonna go and his health prevented that. so i came alone and while it can be done, i don't reccommend it. life can be a whole lot easier down here with someone to talk to and keep you grounded. i was fortunate enough to meet and greet some couples down here and that was helpful but their rightful inclination was to support each other and give me time when they could. if you speak spanish the nurses are incredibly kind and willing to spend whatever time they can.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views