Jenny back in Jamaica

Jenny B.
on 2/21/05 8:20 am - Cary, Jamaica
Hi everyone, I am back home in Jamaica and doing well. I had my RNY with Dr. Aceves on Feb 5, and everything went beautifully - no complications. The only problem I had was after I got home. I followed the instructions for removing the g-tube, but it got stuck (lucky me!) and boy did that hurt! I went to a surgeon, and he was able to remove it. He didn't have to operate on me or anything. I went to a surgeon because they are usually well-versed in g-tubes. I am losing weight pretty rapidly, but how could I not? I'm not consuming enough calories to feed a hummingbird! LOL! I'm not usually hungry, but once in a while I feel a pang. A couple of ounces of soup or a protein drink fills me up though. That's just amazing to me. The RNY is a major surgery. The recovery is much longer (it seems to me) than the banding. I am still tired and sore, but really feel fine in general. I am thrilled with the way my incisions are healing. I am very vain, and was so worried about scars, but I can see already that they will be minimal. Mexico was great. The hospital is really the nicest I've ever been in anywhere! The nurses are all so caring and helpful and Dr. Aceves came by every time he was at the hospital just to see how I was feeling. What doctor in the U.S. does that (without charging you an extra $250 for a "consult")? Nina, of course, was lovely. She really held my hand through the first part of the process and I really appreciated it. Jenny in Jamaica RNY - Feb 5, 2005
nwlisac
on 2/21/05 10:43 am - Gresham, OR
Hi jenny, Glad to hear you did so well..and welcome home!! The G-Tube situation sucks a bit, but at least you were able to find a doctor that could take it out for you. Welcome to the losing side! Lisa
GerrAnn
on 2/21/05 11:06 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Jenny Glad to see that you made it home.. Hope things start improving for you!!We are all on the up hill journey now.. When you start eating better you can post some food ideals for us!! GerrAnn
Candice E.
on 2/22/05 1:01 am - Lebanon, OR
Hi Jenny, I am so glad you posted all that, I leave Monday and just like hearing that everyone is doing well, I am getting a little nervouse I have to admit. I didn't get alot of sleep last night. A few tears, just can't beleive it is so close. My PCP is very happy for me and said she will do all my care. That was a relief. I wish you the best. Candice in Oregon
kly
on 2/22/05 12:30 pm - Athens, GA
Welcome back home Jenny !!! Email me when you get a chance. Hang in there. All of you aches and pains will be gone soon. Welcome to the losing side Karen L.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views