Monday Food Post

chunkable
on 2/21/05 12:13 am - federal way, wa
Ugggh Im getting bored with the Norm but here we go again. B - 1 scrambled egg with cheese L - The roast beef out of a beef n cheddar from Arby's D - Going to try to make wendy's chilli Forgot my protein so Ill have to try to have a protein drink when I get home. Shooting for 40 oz of water today 335/308
GerrAnn
on 2/21/05 6:07 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Cin Im not ignoring your food post, im just not eating anything exciting... protein drink apple sauce 4 crackers Lunch 2 crackers with peanut butter Dinner chili (hormel brand) protein drink See I told you it was boring.. But I did have cajon cat fish last night!! Yummy... GerrAnn
nwlisac
on 2/21/05 7:37 am - Gresham, OR
Hey All, First, a specific question for GerrAnn. In that packet you gave us (I think I've been visited by aliens because for the life of me I don't know where I've placed it!) did your daughter's doctor say to avoid red meats for any length of time? I know Dr. Aguirre wants us to not eat red meat for 3 months, but everyone on here seems to be ditching that so I wonder if its because the packet you gave didn't have restrictions on it. If I can have it, I want it! I have 3 more days until my 4 week anniversary and am sooo looking forward to increasing my food intake to 1/2 cup. Today I have had B- scrambled egg with cheese (the taste is difficult for me) 12 oz water L - Dinty Moore Beef Stew ( I took the fake meat out of it) 16 oz crystal lite lemonade Protein - Carb Solutions Chocolate Milk D - see below Snack - 16 oz slushy skim milk for watching American Idol. Tracy mentioned a pot pie which made me meltdown, so I went shopping. I found a bag of goodies in the frozen skillet section that is exactly what is in a pot pie but without the crusty outside (of course the best part!). It had chicken, carrots, potatoes, peas and pot pie sauce. I guess you just put it in your skillet and warm it up...I'm going to give that a try for dinner tonight. Also, In addition to the Jennie-O turkey that I finally finished off last night, I found today a Jennie-O turkey breast that is stuffed with swiss cheese and ham. You get 2 small medallions for $5.99, which I would guess will last us post-ops about 8 meals. I'm making myself wait until my anniversary for that one, but it sure looked yummy. They didn't have that one at Safeway...it was at Fred Meyer/Kroger. I hope it is as tender as the other turkey I had. Just wanted to give everyone a kudo's for the great job we're all doing. What a joy it is to be frustrated that my clothes are too BIG instead of too tight. That's a first for me! Talk to you later - Lisa
Jenny B.
on 2/21/05 8:30 am - Cary, Jamaica
I'm soooooooo jealous that you guys are eating! I'm 16 days post op, but my doctor (Dr. Aceves) has us on clear liquids 2 weeks, full liquids 2 weeks, and pureed food 2 weeks. I'm so sick of broth I could cry, and I have 12 more days of it ahead of me. I dislike sweet things (didn't get fat from cookies and ice cream for sure), so the popsicles, crystal light, pudding etc. don't appeal to me at all. It's bad enough that all of the protein powders are some sweet-y kind of flavor! The other day my partner stopped to get some jerk pork. Oh it smelled so good! I took a piece and chewed on it, sucking out the juice but not swallowing the meat, until there was just nothing left but flavorless fiber! Jenny in Jamaica lap RNY; Dr. Aceves; 5 Feb 2005 245/224/150
TracyW
on 2/21/05 12:30 pm - Spring, TX
OK here is what I had... Breakfast - 2oz Carb Smart Yougert, 1 Melba Toast with Peanut Butter Lunch - 2oz Tuna Salad & 1 Cup of Cream of Mushroom Dinner - 2 oz Mashed Patotes & Corn & 1oz Tuna Salad I did find the Turkey and Gravy I was going to have it tonight till I read that you have to cook it for 2 to 2/12 Hours, guess I'll try it tomorrow. Tracy 375/333
nwlisac
on 2/22/05 12:47 am - Gresham, OR
Tracy If you get the Jennie-O or Hormel Turkey with Gravy, it is already pre-cooked to a tender, melt-in-your-mouth consistency. It is next to the Lloyd's Pork BarBQue kits that are by the meat department. Hormel also has pork in au jus which is yummy but takes a little longer to eat. To me, it's just a shame to have to cook for 2 1/2 hours to eat 6 small bites of something!! The quicker the better in my house! haha
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views