401k...........???

Tina A.
on 2/20/05 1:15 pm - FT.Lauderdale, United States
Has anyone ever borrowed from thier 401k? I'm seriously thinking about it. Just in case I can't get the $$ any other way. My DH doesn't really like the idea but hey..."gotta do what ya gotta do" Tina
cathy.fowler
on 2/20/05 5:18 pm - Mesquite, TX
Hi Tina, I did get money out of my 401k. I calcutated 20% for them to withhold for penalty and an extra 10% to send to me to save for taxes next year. Be sure to have all your cost documentation together when you submit the form. They will allow for travel, lodging, doctors. Read all the details and be sure to get out all you can---you only have one chance!! Good luck!
DW
on 2/20/05 10:03 pm - Galveston, TX
I would definitely borrow from the 401k plan for the money, I am now 1 year post op and my life has changed so much. I feel like I now have my life back, get the money anyway you can........just my advice Dot
Molly Mae
on 2/20/05 11:26 pm - WA
I did it! Only, mine was a hardship withdrawl that we do *not* have to pay back. All I needed was a letter on medical nessecity from my pcp stating that wls would be a great thing for me because of my medical problems. The second document needed was an official denial from my insurance company. You might already have this. Anyway, this is just what we opted to do. I am sooo glad we did, too! Molly
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views